2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

Adam is expected to return to the Colts, reported this afternoon.  CBS/FOX Indianapolis indicates Colts would like to resign the impending free agent, most likely another 1-year deal.  Chris Ballard and Adam were due to meet today to discuss the future.  This doesn't surprise me, I think he has another year left in him, maybe two at the absolute most.  If he can replicate his results from this past season(minus the game last weekend in Kansas), I am all in. 

Also, some side notes(IMO).  It would not shock me to see some mid level signings again this offseason like Ballard did this past offseason(Autry/Ebron/Etc).  He's going to extend those in house and take care of them. 

WR - Adam Humphries(reliable with 2 different qbs last season, 6' tall, good route runner)/Tyrell Williams(6' 4'', fast, can get behind the safeties, red zone target)/Dontrelle Inman(maybe best hands on the team this season, and when running routes it reminded me of Reggie Wayne).  I think with TY, either Tyrell Williams or Adam Humphries, resign Inman, resign Rogers and Cain(coming off of injury), this would be a very good group moving forward. 

OL - Resign Evan Boehm(depth)/Mark Glowinski(Starting RG maybe??)/Matt Slauson(veteran workaholic presence).

SAM LB - Out of the 3 LB spots, this was the weakest one.  I think this is a no brainer to upgrade via FA. 

S - Resign Geathers, Farley and Mitchell, maybe lure Landon Collins in if his price tag is low? 

CB - I hope they bring back Desir.  With Desir/Kenny Moore/Quincy/Hairston Jamie Collins(I really think he can perform considering he has no more chances left, former 2nd rd pick from Atlanta and started much of his rookie year) I think these five could be a very formable group together. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Who does everyone like today? 

I look at both of them as pick 'ems.  The weather in KC ain't supposed to be as bad as earlier predicted.  I will go with the Chiefs in that one.  Then we got the dome game.  I am going to say Goff gets it done and go with the Rams.

Look for the Patriots and the Saints in the SB.  LOL

1 minute ago, rico said:

I look at both of them as pick 'ems.  The weather in KC ain't supposed to be as bad as earlier predicted.  I will go with the Chiefs in that one.  Then we got the dome game.  I am going to say Goff gets it done and go with the Rams.

Look for the Patriots and the Saints in the SB.  LOL

I think it will be a Pats vs Saints Super Bowl. If Brees beats Brady, would you rank Brees ahead of Manning historically?

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think it will be a Pats vs Saints Super Bowl. If Brees beats Brady, would you rank Brees ahead of Manning historically?

Interesting question.  One that I hadn't thought of.  One thing that I always admired about Brady was how many future HoFers did he have?  I do the same with Peyton.  How many did he have?  Now how about Brees?

I would say if Drew leads the Saints to the title, I would put him on the same level as Peyton.  

39 minutes ago, rico said:

Interesting question.  One that I hadn't thought of.  One thing that I always admired about Brady was how many future HoFers did he have?  I do the same with Peyton.  How many did he have?  Now how about Brees?

I would say if Drew leads the Saints to the title, I would put him on the same level as Peyton.  

I like the teammate angle. In my mind, there is no question Brees has had the worst teammates by far. To me, if he beats Brady I would begrudgingly put him above Peyton. 

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I like the teammate angle. In my mind, there is no question Brees has had the worst teammates by far. To me, if he beats Brady I would begrudgingly put him above Peyton. 

I would be curious as to what their W-L totals are.  Play-off appearances as well.

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Getting closer but no. Brees still has 6 seasons of .500 or worse while in New Orleans. Manning had what 11 of 13 seasons in Indy with double digit wins? 4 Super Bowls, 2 wins....not discounting Brees but he isn't in that same level of Manning yet. 

In terms of games today. I think Patriots vs Saints. Read an article on success rate Patriots have in 21 personnel package. I think the Patriots remind us why we shouldn't discount them ever. PS...I'm cheering for Chiefs. Would love for some new blood and for their long suffering fans to to get over the hump. Baseball did it a few years ago but Chiefs need to follow.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Getting closer but no. Brees still has 6 seasons of .500 or worse while in New Orleans. Manning had what 11 of 13 seasons in Indy with double digit wins? 4 Super Bowls, 2 wins....not discounting Brees but he isn't in that same level of Manning yet. 

In terms of games today. I think Patriots vs Saints. Read an article on success rate Patriots have in 21 personnel package. I think the Patriots remind us why we shouldn't discount them ever. PS...I'm cheering for Chiefs. Would love for some new blood and for their long suffering fans to to get over the hump. Baseball did it a few years ago but Chiefs need to follow.

In Indy 2 Super Bowls, one win.  

2 hours ago, rico said:

Thanks officials.

Rams didn't deserve that one.

Fox chose to focus on that non-call.

If you go back and look at the play when Goff could have run it in but “hesitated “ as Aikman said, the Saints defender grabbed his face mask. Subtle, but it was definitely a missed call. Had they called it, Rams had a great chance to score a touchdown to go ahead with less time left on the clock 

Maybe not the outcomes people wanted but 2 pretty intense games. Great play, bad calls, down to the wire......and a coin flip plays a major role in determining who gets to go to Super Bowl. 

One other thing. Amazing if Dee Ford doesn't line up offsides Brady stat line is 1 TD, 3 Int's and 63 rating. Amazing how history is impacted by 1 simple thing such as lining up. 

Archived