2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rico said:

Who were you rooting for?

I didn't really have a specific wish. Todd Bowles would've been nice, but we were too late to the party there.

I would've liked a young guy. Hopefully Spags can get us an inside track to Landon Collins.

1 minute ago, KDB said:

I didn't really have a specific wish. Todd Bowles would've been nice, but we were too late to the party there.

I would've liked a young guy. Hopefully Spags can get us an inside track to Landon Collins.

Did him and Harbaugh have a falling out?

Colts resign starting RG Mark Glowinski to a 3 yr deal worth an estimated $18.5 million with a $4.5 mill signing bonus.  So far we have resigned Vinny and Glowinski.  Ballard taking care of in house players that are deserving.  Anxious to see who is next.  I like this resigning as Glowinski brings toughness and nastiness just like Nelson has.  I think Glowinski is better in the run game but still good in pass protection.

8 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Pretty team-friendly deal, not a ton of guaranteed money.  Ballard doing well so far.  

He had an interview with Dakich the other day and the tl;dr is that Bell/Brown aren't happening and that pass rush/CB/defense all around is a top priority with WR2 the only huge hole on offense.

I agree, a good signing for sure.  I want a big WR with our first pick(from Arizona St or Ole Miss) and our second pick(thank you jets) to be a DT

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, is Gurley’s health the word?

Something had to be up. 5 touches in the Super Bowl? Don't tell me he was fine. Unreal series of events had to happen for Pats (once again) to win another. Considering how difficult it is to win a Super Bowl....Pats have to be greatest sports dynasty, right? Maybe 6 title of Bulls or Yankees 4 titles in 5 years? 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Something had to be up. 5 touches in the Super Bowl? Don't tell me he was fine. Unreal series of events had to happen for Pats (once again) to win another. Considering how difficult it is to win a Super Bowl....Pats have to be greatest sports dynasty, right? Maybe 6 title of Bulls or Yankees 4 titles in 5 years? 

Not any mention by Romo and Nance, or anyone for that matter, but the play just before Gilmore intercepted Goff, there was a clear PI. Gilmore held down one of Cook's arms so he had no chance to catch the ball. Would have put the Rams inside the 5 yard line with an excellent chance to tie the score.

As far as pro sport dynasties, I'll go with the Montreal Canadiens. In the 1970's alone they won 6 Lord Stanley's Cups, including 4 straight from 1976-79.

Archived