2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

First big move of offseason. Flacco to Broncos. Good landing spot for him. Fangio liked him when he was at Ravens....so did Kubiak. Solid running game, good defense...now they just need to find another wide receiver. Will be curious to see what they gave up for him. Potential impact on Jacoby Brissett value if Colts move him. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Seeking6 said:

First big move of offseason. Flacco to Broncos. Good landing spot for him. Fangio liked him when he was at Ravens....so did Kubiak. Solid running game, good defense...now they just need to find another wide receiver. Will be curious to see what they gave up for him. Potential impact on Jacoby Brissett value if Colts move him. 

I mostly only follow the Colts.  Any way that with Flacco do the Broncos go after an Antonio Brown or D. Thomas from the Texans?

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I mostly only follow the Colts.  Any way that with Flacco do the Broncos go after an Antonio Brown or D. Thomas from the Texans?

I think anyone with a brain will do their due diligence on Brown. I don't care about him being 31. Guy is one of the top 3 receivers in the game. He's childhood friends with TY Hilton. Ballard is set on culture and I get that but you HAVE to take a look. I hope my Bears do. If not other landing spots seem to favor 49ers or Seahawks....maybe the Packers. 

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think anyone with a brain will do their due diligence on Brown. I don't care about him being 31. Guy is one of the top 3 receivers in the game. He's childhood friends with TY Hilton. Ballard is set on culture and I get that but you HAVE to take a look. I hope my Bears do. If not other landing spots seem to favor 49ers or Seahawks....maybe the Packers. 

Will his potential domestic issue cause teams to be less interested. His Dad was one of my favorite players growing up near Cincy

Lots of smoke yesterday on Jacoby Brissett and Dolphins.  Ballard has to get something for the kid. Ballard also mentioned he wouldn't just trade him anywhere.  Send the kid home (played high school football at Dwyer in Palm Beach). Chris Grier is Miami new GM and Bill Parcells is a mentor to Grier. For those that don't know Jacoby was mentored by Parcells as a sophomore in high school. And if you beat the Patriots in the process? Win, win. Word is Devante Parker would be sent to Colts.

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lots of smoke yesterday on Jacoby Brissett and Dolphins.  Ballard has to get something for the kid. Ballard also mentioned he wouldn't just trade him anywhere.  Send the kid home (played high school football at Dwyer in Palm Beach). Chris Grier is Miami new GM and Bill Parcells is a mentor to Grier. For those that don't know Jacoby was mentored by Parcells as a sophomore in high school. And if you beat the Patriots in the process? Win, win. Word is Devante Parker would be sent to Colts.

Sounds good to me...git-r-dun

1 hour ago, rico said:

Raiders reportedly shopping Carr around...

Gruden is never happy with QB. Even when winning. I think a fresh start for both sides makes sense. Jags, Dolphins, Redskins....shoot I'm sure Elway needs another QB because Case Keenum didn't impress. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Gruden is never happy with QB. Even when winning. I think a fresh start for both sides makes sense. Jags, Dolphins, Redskins....shoot I'm sure Elway needs another QB because Case Keenum didn't impress. 

Broncos already traded for Joe Flaco

Foles makes Jacksonville better.  They will need to improve their pass catchers.  The AFC South will be better this year compared to last year.  Colts and Houston will be better, I would think the Titans would get a little better and if Jacksonville get figure out their locker room issues, they will be better. 

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Foles makes Jacksonville better.  They will need to improve their pass catchers.  The AFC South will be better this year compared to last year.  Colts and Houston will be better, I would think the Titans would get a little better and if Jacksonville get figure out their locker room issues, they will be better. 

Which makes the Antonio Brown moves all the more interesting. Everyone is saying Raiders, Redskins, Titans for him but what if a team like Jacksonville gets Foles and makes a play for Brown. I know Steelers want him out of AFC but that doesn't look likely unless Redskins go Redskins and offer up an incredible amount of picks. Of course they have to have cap space and I think they don't have the room. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Which makes the Antonio Brown moves all the more interesting. Everyone is saying Raiders, Redskins, Titans for him but what if a team like Jacksonville gets Foles and makes a play for Brown. I know Steelers want him out of AFC but that doesn't look likely unless Redskins go Redskins and offer up an incredible amount of picks. Of course they have to have cap space and I think they don't have the room. 

I think Brown ends up with San Francisco.

I expect this Free Agency for the Colts to be similar to last seasons offseason, he has a price set for players the organization wants and won't budge to much from that dollar figure.  I think we may get one bigger name FA since we have more money this time around but I expect more middle of the pack signings similar to Ebron and Denico Autry last season.  Info on the guys the Colts are letting test FA with a value in mind that played with the team this past season(I'll dig into free agents the Colts have interest in that didn't play for the team this past season as it gets closer to the new calendar year that starts next week):

Clayton Geathers(Working with agent currently on a potential deal, my guess is something similar to what Jack Mewhort got last year season with being injured a decent amount of time)  Starter opposite of Hooker if no other FA is pursued.

Pierre Desir(allowed to test FA, Colts have a price in mind currently)  This situation will be almost identical to Rashan Melvin last offseason.  Colts really like depth in Quincy, Moore, Hairston and Jamie Collins.  I believe I saw where the Colts view this position as a strength. 

Dontrelle Inman(allowed to test FA, Colts have a price in mind currently)  Colts viewed Deion Cain as their #2 WR potential prior to his ACL injury.  Inman would be a nice #3 WR to compete with Rogers if both are brought back.

Chester Rogers(Restricted FA, I anticipate he returns at a low cost as I do not see other teams driving his price up)  Competes for WR #3 position. 

Mathias Farley(Restricted FA, like Rogers I see him returning as he filled in nice until he got injured.  Restricted price is low as well) Competes for backup SS/FS

Dee Ford supposedly available for a 2nd rd pick.  If you are the Colts with an extra 2nd rd pick AND the most cap space in Free Agency and a HUGE need for a pass rusher, does Chris Ballard pull the trigger?  I know Chris loves his draft picks, however you are never guaranteed anything in the draft especially a pass rusher and they do not grow on trees.  Ford is 28, in his prime, 13 sacks last year, 10 sacks in 2016(only appeared in 6 games in 2017 so I am not including this year) he will produce until he is say 33 and will help the young guys learn and grow to become better.  I say pull the trigger

5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Dee Ford supposedly available for a 2nd rd pick.  If you are the Colts with an extra 2nd rd pick AND the most cap space in Free Agency and a HUGE need for a pass rusher, does Chris Ballard pull the trigger?  I know Chris loves his draft picks, however you are never guaranteed anything in the draft especially a pass rusher and they do not grow on trees.  Ford is 28, in his prime, 13 sacks last year, 10 sacks in 2016(only appeared in 6 games in 2017 so I am not including this year) he will produce until he is say 33 and will help the young guys learn and grow to become better.  I say pull the trigger

I can't see the Chiefs trading him with-in conference especially to a team they very well might face again in the play-offs.  But yeah, I would pull the trigger.

Just now, rico said:

I can't see the Chiefs trading him with-in conference especially to a team they very well might face again in the play-offs.  But yeah, I would pull the trigger.

very true that would be the hold up.  However I do not think the Chiefs have come out and said they would prefer to send him to the NFC, similar to what the Steelers have mentioned with Antonio Brown(even though the Raiders are AFC so are the Titans which have shown legit interest in Brown)

Archived