2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

On 3/19/2019 at 11:20 AM, IU Scott said:

To me I am more worried about getting interior DL more than a pass rusher.  I like Sheard, Lewis and Turay so to me there is no pressure to use the first round pick on a pass rusher.

Pass rush is the name of the game though. If you can get pressure with 4, you can win a lot of games.

If there is someone there that we really like in the 1st rd that's a DE we will be drafting them. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Pass rush is the name of the game though. If you can get pressure with 4, you can win a lot of games.

If there is someone there that we really like in the 1st rd that's a DE we will be drafting them. 

I agree witt that but I think we have quality pass rushers right now so I don't think we have to use our 1st round pick on a pass rusher.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I agree witt that but I think we have quality pass rushers right now so I don't think we have to use our 1st round pick on a pass rusher.

But you can't pass one up if you like one at 26. Also.. there isn't an overly strong correlation between 1st round picks becoming stars when you compare it to other rounds. If we have a highly graded player that's a DE at 26 we take him. We don't have quality pass rushers right now... we have two guys that could turn into quality pass rushers. (I'm not overly sure who we pick... just saying if we have someone we graded as the 12th rated player in the draft left at 26 and he's a DE take him)

I don't think we have to take one in the first round either. I want a CB, WR, DE, or DT... the best player out of those positions is who I want. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

But you can't pass one up if you like one at 26. Also.. there isn't an overly strong correlation between 1st round picks becoming stars when you compare it to other rounds. If we have a highly graded player that's a DE at 26 we take him. We don't have quality pass rushers right now... we have two guys that could turn into quality pass rushers. (I'm not overly sure who we pick... just saying if we have someone we graded as the 12th rated player in the draft left at 26 and he's a DE take him)

I don't think we have to take one in the first round either. I want a CB, WR, DE, or DT... the best player out of those positions is who I want. 

I agree because I will take the BPA every time over need

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Colts sign Justin Houston 2 year deal at $24 mil total.  Not sure what guaranteed money or per year.

Colts resigned Clayton Geathers to a 1 year deal, terms not disclosed

Makes plenty of sense. Fits a need and the $ or years isn't long term. Ballard continues to do things his way. Perfect fit for Colts.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Makes plenty of sense. Fits a need and the $ or years isn't long term. Ballard continues to do things his way. Perfect fit for Colts.

According to Adam Schefter Colts inquired about trading for Dee Ford of the Chiefs.  They decided to hold onto the draft-pick compensation and sign Houston instead. 

Ford is 28 years old, Houston is 30 but has better statistics thus far.  Appears to be the right decision by Ballard to pick Houston over Ford

27 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

According to Adam Schefter Colts inquired about trading for Dee Ford of the Chiefs.  They decided to hold onto the draft-pick compensation and sign Houston instead. 

Ford is 28 years old, Houston is 30 but has better statistics thus far.  Appears to be the right decision by Ballard to pick Houston over Ford

I'm not saying blind allegiance for Ballard like I would with Belichick but Ballard is good, really good. Wasn't a coincidence that Ballard was in the room for years of my Bears best drafts. Colts fans should be very happy how things are playing out. 

• 3 weeks later...

NFL Schedules released tonight. Bears schedule already leaked. Plenty more difficult but I have us at 13-3. Road games at Philly, at LA (which might be a home game)....we also have Saints, Chargers, Chiefs but all at home. Play in London vs Oakland. Thanksgiving vs Detroit again. 10 days off before return trip to Green Bay.

Packers at Bears to open season on Thursday Night Football. 

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

NFL Schedules released tonight. Bears schedule already leaked. Plenty more difficult but I have us at 13-3. Road games at Philly, at LA (which might be a home game)....we also have Saints, Chargers, Chiefs but all at home. Play in London vs Oakland. Thanksgiving vs Detroit again. 10 days off before return trip to Green Bay.

Packers at Bears to open season on Thursday Night Football. 

13-3?  It is saved to my memory banks.

46 minutes ago, rico said:

13-3?  It is saved to my memory banks.

Tell me about it. After last season when we gave away the opener at Green Bay I told my fellow brethren 13 wins as well and no one was buying. We ended up at 12 with 2 losses that were just considered bad (Giants, Dolphins). Schedule is the most difficult we've had in years if not decades. Still feel pretty strongly about things. 

This draft really snuck up on me. Probably because my Bears don't pick until 3rd round which I have no problem with because of Mack. Will be curious to see what Ballard does with Colts. Not saying blind allegiance because the best GM's only hit on 60% of picks but after last year whoever Ballard takes I'd be fine with. He gets 4 guys in top 89. 

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This draft really snuck up on me. Probably because my Bears don't pick until 3rd round which I have no problem with because of Mack. Will be curious to see what Ballard does with Colts. Not saying blind allegiance because the best GM's only hit on 60% of picks but after last year whoever Ballard takes I'd be fine with. He gets 4 guys in top 89. 

Hoping in the first two round with 3 picks we can get a DT, S and WR

Archived