2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

8 hours ago, rico said:

Ya know, before the Colts moved to Indy the Bears were my team(and I still follow them closely).  But damn, I loved the Bengals back in the day.  That organization just leaves me shaking my head.  

Before the Colts got here people in the Indy area was stuck watching the Bengals and Bears every week.  I was a Cowboys fan before the Colts got here but once the Colts got here I pretty much switched my alliance over to the Colts.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, it's been hard to root for the Bengals over the last half dozen years or so when they have signed guys like Pacman Jones, Burfict, etc. The leadership for that franchise seems to have no qualms over character issues. 

Colts fan first and always. Bengals are a diversion in a division where both the Steelers and the Ravens exist--two organizations I deplore.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Before the Colts got here people in the Indy area was stuck watching the Bengals and Bears every week.  I was a Cowboys fan before the Colts got here but once the Colts got here I pretty much switched my alliance over to the Colts.

You left out the Browns.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

To me their franchise path was altered with leg injury to Carson Palmer in playoffs vs Steelers and 13 years later they still haven't recovered. I know it's been 3 decades since last playoff win but that team with Palmer at the helm was very, very, good

I'd take it one step further: neither the Bengals nor Palmer ever fully recovered from that injury.  Palmer did recover, but he didn't seem to have that extra edge that would have made him a truly elite QB. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was waiting for this thread to be resurrected!!  I saw the other day that the Colts had the #1 future power ranking. Its not only us that feel some of the best times are still ahead of us. 

Bears fan first but I really cheer for the Colts a close 2nd. Good times ahead for both franchises. Ballard said this morning he wants Darius Leonard to be more and more like Charles Tillman back in the day. Getting turnovers. So many crossovers with both franchises. Ballard was part of the Bears for some of our best ever drafts....and now Pagano is D Coordinator. 

Always glad to start talking football!

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Bears fan first but I really cheer for the Colts a close 2nd. Good times ahead for both franchises. Ballard said this morning he wants Darius Leonard to be more and more like Charles Tillman back in the day. Getting turnovers. So many crossovers with both franchises. Ballard was part of the Bears for some of our best ever drafts....and now Pagano is D Coordinator. 

Always glad to start talking football!

Never too early for sure. 25 plus years of coaching basketball but as a fan football is the sport I LOVE to watch. 

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think the Colts will win the South and finish 10-6 or maybe 11-5.  I also think they will get to the AFC championship game and lose.

This was from CBS in May.  I think the Colts can make the SB with a few 'breaks."

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

Cant get over how quickly we went from an abysmal OL to one of the top 5 in the league and have a lot of youth on it, as well. 

If you don't have an OL you have nothing. 

Smart drafting and a running game?

1 hour ago, rico said:

They got the guys they wanted on the OL and a productive running makes things easier?

I was a little confused because it is the same thing. Great OL= productive running game haha. Mack hits the hole hard too. I'm a fan. Been a long day.. my bad. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I was a little confused because it is the same thing. Great OL= productive running game haha. Mack hits the hole hard too. I'm a fan. Been a long day.. my bad. 

It's all good you are the football guy, I just ran when they pitched me the ball...LOL

It's good to know the Colts and Browns are going to be worth taking seriously.I am more into IU and the college game, but if Indy and/or Cleveland are good that's different.I tend to always stay watching and loyal as a fan for the rough years so why not.

19 hours ago, btownqb said:

Cant get over how quickly we went from an abysmal OL to one of the top 5 in the league and have a lot of youth on it, as well. 

If you don't have an OL you have nothing. 

Yep. We'll see if Grigson and his ineptness in addressing the Oline shortens Luck's career. One (of the many) thing I like about Ballard is he didn't hide from saying on day 1 at his hiring press conference O/D line wins in the NFL and it will always be addressed under his watch. 

On 7/24/2019 at 10:30 PM, btownqb said:

The Cowboys line put Emmitt Smith in the HOF.  He was a good running back, but that O-line made him great.

Luck has got to love having a great O-line as well.  I suspect a bad line took a couple of years off his career, and I'm not talking about the time he already lost.

Archived