EJ Liddell Cuts IU

https://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/article216226590.html.    In this article it says we have started to show interest in him but in my opinion we are probably too late in the game! He won Illinois Mr. Basketball as a junior and it wouldn’t surprise me if he won it again as a senior! In Illinois there is 8 classes and Belleville West is In 8A. He has been on varsity since his Freshman year and has skyrocketed up the top 100... if I remember correctly he wasn’t even top 50 last year and wasn’t top 100 his sophomore year! It is hard to get these southern Illinois kids away from MIZZOU and SLU and Illinois unless you recruit them from the beginning which we haven’t done! In my opinion he’s a really good player but we should definitely prioritize the ones we’ve recruited from the beginning!

Seems to be an undersized 4...but dang dude looks pretty solidly built. Nothing flashy but if he has the work ethic would just bulldog you on the boards and in the post. I think we are on to some superior talent at the 4 but if things fall through it doesn't hurt to be making inroads with as many players as possible.

4 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

https://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/article216226590.html.    In this article it says we have started to show interest in him but in my opinion we are probably too late in the game! He won Illinois Mr. Basketball as a junior and it wouldn’t surprise me if he won it again as a senior! In Illinois there is 8 classes and Belleville West is In 8A. He has been on varsity since his Freshman year and has skyrocketed up the top 100... if I remember correctly he wasn’t even top 50 last year and wasn’t top 100 his sophomore year! It is hard to get these southern Illinois kids away from MIZZOU and SLU and Illinois unless you recruit them from the beginning which we haven’t done! In my opinion he’s a really good player but we should definitely prioritize the ones we’ve recruited from the beginning!

!!!!!!

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I guess he changed course again and instead still released a top 5... mizzou, Illinois, Ohio st., Wisconsin, and Kansas state... I’ll tell you what Ohio state is no joke on the recruting trail and we are going to start being in for some dog fights with them!!!

Not a very impressive final 5.

15 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Not a very impressive final 5.

A couple things about each team 

Illinois- they got me basketball from previous year to come to Illinois even though he has since transferred and he was from Edwardsville Illinois which is in same conference as Belleville west and close....

MIZZOU- cuonzo Martin is from east St. Louis which is right next to Belleville and always Is in the mix for the St. Louis area kids based off building relationships just like Archie is with Indiana kids...

Kansas State-Bruce Webber had a successful run at Illinois and built a lot of in roads and I’m sure has maintained relationships...

Ohio St.- they are the hot team right now and I’m assuming that he recruited EJ while at Butler since EJ wasn’t a high end recruit until this year....

Wisconsin-I have no idea why he’s in top 5 lol

Archived