2018-19 schedule is here

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes ! AND ------ It is a dirty rotten shame that The Big Ten Office takes so damn long to announce the Conference Game schedule along with Indiana University's SILLY practice of not releasing The Hoosiers Non Conference schedule until the [Censured] Big Ten Office releases the Conference schedule , [IMHO] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. WE [Hoosier Fans] don't even know if we will play an exhibition game or two UNTIL IU releases the FULL SCHEDLE !! Again , that is just senseless to me !!

My first glance was tough early on and we should be favorites in 8 of final 10 ending conference play. I don't see any real tough stretches in terms of travel with the exception of maybe at Rutgers on a Wednesday followed by at East Lansing on Saturday. Looks pretty balanced to me. Only 1 home Big 10 game while students still on break (vs Illinois). 

Again first glance...looks pretty balanced. No glaring mistakes like in years past. I mean a couple of games like at Penn St, at Iowa, at Minnesota being the difference I could see anywhere between 13-16 wins in conference play. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My first glance was tough early on and we should be favorites in 8 of final 10 ending conference play. I don't see any real tough stretches in terms of travel with the exception of maybe at Rutgers on a Wednesday followed by at East Lansing on Saturday. Looks pretty balanced to me. Only 1 home Big 10 game while students still on break (vs Illinois). 

Again first glance...looks pretty balanced. No glaring mistakes like in years past. I mean a couple of games like at Penn St, at Iowa, at Minnesota being the difference I could see anywhere between 13-16 wins in conference play. 

I am with you at the 13- 16 wins in  conference. At fist glance i had 14-15 hard  not to be so positive with the talent on this years team!

18 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Theres no reason we shouldn’t win at least 25 games with this schedule, barring injury.

No reason other than the unpredictable nature of college basketball.

I'm optimistic too, but I remember predictions of 25 wins last year as well.  Ultimately, my 20 win prediction proved too optimistic with the massive style transition that the team worked through.  Here's hoping that another year in the system marks a nice leap forward.  I'm going to say 23 wins.  IU is still relatively young, although very talented.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm optimistic too, but I remember predictions of 25 wins last year as well.  Ultimately, my 20 win prediction proved too optimistic with the massive style transition that the team worked through.  Here's hoping that another year in the system marks a nice leap forward.  I'm going to say 23 wins.  IU is still relatively young, although very talented.

I was pretty close think I predicted 18 wins. 

I think 22-25 is very realistic here

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

I was pretty close think I predicted 18 wins. 

I think 22-25 is very realistic here

LOL...I don't think 18 wins would have even hit the scale in this forum last year.  I was on the way pessimistic end of it at 20.  The Archie euphoria was in strong supply on HSN at the start of last season.

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We only have to play Illinois then get to play Michigan before classes start back up. A nice gift from scheduling gods. 

With our first 3 games being Penn State, Northwestern and Illinois gotta think starting 4-0 is possible. 

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We only have to play Illinois then get to play Michigan before classes start back up. A nice gift from scheduling gods. 

With our first 3 games being Penn State, Northwestern and Illinois gotta think starting 4-0 is possible. 

You think 4-0 start ? At Penn St and at Michigan? Best case for me is 3-1 and honestly I went 2-2 in my 14 win version. The games at Penn St, at Iowa and at Minnesota are the big differences to me this year. We aren't losing at home in conference play. 

51 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If we lose double digit games with two first team all-conference level players on the roster, it will have been a bad season.  The optimism was misplaced last year (I always thought 20 wins was the absolute best case scenario as well), but it’s time to raise expectations.  No excuses this season outside of injury.

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You think 4-0 start ? At Penn St and at Michigan? Best case for me is 3-1 and honestly I went 2-2 in my 14 win version. The games at Penn St, at Iowa and at Minnesota are the big differences to me this year. We aren't losing at home in conference play. 

I said 4-0 is possible not sure how that ganers this reaction. really doubt penn state is going to be that good. So that’s 3 should be wins with one tough game where the biggest advantage should be negated. 

How is saying this is possible more ridiculous than saying we aren’t going to lose at home in conference play?

40 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I said 4-0 is possible not sure how that ganers this reaction. really doubt penn state is going to be that good. So that’s 3 should be wins with one tough game where the biggest advantage should be negated. 

How is saying this is possible more ridiculous than saying we aren’t going to lose at home in conference play?

I think you misread my post or grammar I guess. All I was saying is when you said/listed the 4 teams it seemed like you leaned towards 4-0....using words like only or before classes started back up or nice gift...kind of implies you thinking to the better end vs the middle. My apologies. I guess 0-4 is possible too. I think 3-1 would be an ideal start. 

Archived