2018-19 Roster and Schedule

As I was looking this over I was struck by the 8 players listed  from 6'6"- 6'8". From Romeo to Jake. Jerome and Damezi both at 6'7". I know it has been commented on but I really like the size and versatility I see shaping up. All sorts of interesting lineups. How about the length of this group coming in off the bench-  Green, Anderson, Hunter, Thompson and Forester?

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

As I was looking this over I was struck by the 8 players listed  from 6'6"- 6'8". From Romeo to Jake. Jerome and Damezi both at 6'7". I know it has been commented on but I really like the size and versatility I see shaping up. All sorts of interesting lineups. How about the length of this group coming in off the bench-  Green, Anderson, Hunter, Thompson and Forester?

I think Green starts tbh. At least to start the year

10 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think that's right --

Morgan

Smith

McBob

Romeo

Green

There should be good competition to start though as the season develops. Fitzner, Al and Rob, probably.

I agree with that line up but if we struggle with perimeter shooting expect Fitz to get the nod over McRoberts pretty quick

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I agree with that line up but if we struggle with perimeter shooting expect Fitz to get the nod over McRoberts pretty quick

Yes, we really don't know how much Fitzner will bring yet, and whether McBob is "better" or better suited to the starting group, but there's certainly lots of reason to think Fitz will bring high percentage outside shooting, and really a lot more. The guy has shown he can put it on the floor, he rolls well to the rim, and he certainly brings a lot of experience. I don't really know his D, but he looks like a really good addition all around.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes, we really don't know how much Fitzner will bring yet, and whether McBob is "better" or better suited to the starting group, but there's certainly lots of reason to think Fitz will bring high percentage outside shooting, and really a lot more. The guy has shown he can put it on the floor, he rolls well to the rim, and he certainly brings a lot of experience. I don't really know his D, but he looks like a really good addition all around.

Yep if he can defend the 5 some on D will be very valuable to give Morgan a break. But Morgan, Green and Smith all need to shoot the 3 and FTs better than last year. 

After seeing Evan Fitzner play for 3 seasons at St. Marys of California  , I'll be a little surprised if he does not start from day !  !!   P.S. I just finished getting all 31 Scoresheets ready for the 2018-2019 Men's Hoosier Basketball season !! I'm chomping at the bit for the season to start !! Go Hoosiers !! Kick Butt in 2018-2019 !!!! Next up is to finish getting the Women's Hoops Scoresheets ready for the 2018-2019 season !! IMHO ,it is gonna be a FANTASTIC  SEASON 😀for both Hoosier Men and Hoosier Women !!  LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

One thing I like largely from Fitz’s Addition — we can now play a legit size lineup without sacrificing offense. Morgan, Smith, Fitz would/will be a fun group to watch.

Now this is funny. I completely forgot about him and his size/shooting. Good points about size. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was planning some Christmas get togethers last night and of course I need to double check IU hoops schedule first. Have we ever had 12 consecutive days off ever? I  don't recall a stretch like we have from after game on Dec 22nd to January 3rd. I welcome the rest for the kids and hopefully they get a chance to get home for holidays....but seemed odd to me.

Archived