Help for watching IU bball without cable

Thank you all for your input. I was looking closely at Hulu and i guess they just changed their user interface a few weeks ago and EVERYONE seems to absolutely hate it.  It remains to be seen whether or not all the complaints will cause them to revert back or not.   

I cut the cord back in March and am saving over $100/month.  I use the Roku and my fire stick and pay for netflix - traded pw/id with my neighbor for their Hulu info, so I can use both.  Then got the log-in info for a friend's Comcast and another friend's direct tv to use for watching A&E on demand, Watch ESPN, etc... without having to pay.  Antenna for local channels.

I have to wait out my DTV contract before I can cut the cord.  But I will be doing so.  Unlocked Fire stick is the way to go in conjunction with a few other services.  In the end I can get Hulu, Netflix, and prime with the fire stick and still spend less money than I am now.  Half the time I don’t watch shows live anyways so that does not matter.  Live sports is the key here for me.  But I am locked in through July 2018 so hopefully you all will have the sports options figured out for me by then lol.

Question: I just signed up for Big Ten Plus and I just had a question pop into my mind :: Will I need a home Computer to watch big ten plus games or can I watch them on my Regular Dish Network television ??????????? Any Iu Fans who have watched Big Ten Plus games previously on Dish Network ?? Please help with information regarding this !1 I hope I did not waste the $9.95 monthly fee if I have to have a Home Computer to watch the Big Ten Plus games ????????????????????

I've thought about this, and you may want to consider that you also have to pay for internet to make this work, and you probably want at least 10mbps to make sure you can stream reliably (and more if you're going to have 2+ streams plus other internet users simultaneously).  

The cost of decent internet plus one of these streaming services, at least in the general Indianapolis area is about $65-$80.  In that range, you're pretty close to the range where it starts to become a moot point to use the streaming services.  For example, if you live in a Metronet service area, I know they used to offer 100 or 200mbps internet and tv service (which included sports channels I think) for something like $65-$70.  Comcast might be a little more expensive, but I'm not sure.

Now, if your bill is $200 a month, I'd say it's absolutely worth it.

15 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I've thought about this, and you may want to consider that you also have to pay for internet to make this work, and you probably want at least 10mbps to make sure you can stream reliably (and more if you're going to have 2+ streams plus other internet users simultaneously).  

The cost of decent internet plus one of these streaming services, at least in the general Indianapolis area is about $65-$80.  In that range, you're pretty close to the range where it starts to become a moot point to use the streaming services.  For example, if you live in a Metronet service area, I know they used to offer 100 or 200mbps internet and tv service (which included sports channels I think) for something like $65-$70.  Comcast might be a little more expensive, but I'm not sure.

It’s not insignificant to also consider that that figure doesn’t usually include taxes and equipment fees.  Some providers are getting more aggressive, but most aren’t there yet. 

There’s a reason people are running and screaming away from the cord. 

5 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

I was on a two year promo with Comcast.  I got TV and internet and the speed was 75 down/12 up - certainly sufficient for streaming and TV that included ESPN1 and 2.  With taxes and fees it totaled about $105 per month.  When that contract ran out, the same service was at least $15 more per month.

The thing that really burned me was when our games were scheduled or moved to ESPN News - it is only available in a higher priced package.  There were at least a couple of occasions that our games were scheduled to air on ESPN or ESPN2 and they bumped them to ESPNN and I couldn't watch them.  The VUE service approach (streaming and internet) will end up costing me about $85 per month, but only during the basketball season AND all 3 ESPNs, BTN, and FS1 are included.

Archived