Now Wisconsin?

rico

Sounds about right. (Sic). Suspend the kid for two meaningless games.  Wky, and NMex. That will teach him a lesson.  And heaven forbid, the team won't miss him.

I am so tired of these "slaps on the wrist", when it come to college athletes.

Congrats to the young ladies who had the courage to come out now..... instead of 10 or more years down the road. 

And I'm sick of kids being wrongful accused and being suspended before the court of law gets to do it's job. The law states innocent until proven guilty. What's Chryst suppose to do? Suspend him for the entire season? Its not his fault who they play the first two games. 

26 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And I'm sick of kids being wrongful accused and being suspended before the court of law gets to do it's job. The law states innocent until proven guilty. What's Chryst suppose to do? Suspend him for the entire season? Its not his fault who they play the first two games. 

Nothing wrong with suspending a kid pending the court outcome, but I understand what you are saying.  

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

And I'm sick of kids being wrongful accused and being suspended before the court of law gets to do it's job. The law states innocent until proven guilty.

I agree with this. For some reason, I thought the case had been adjudicated.  However, since the law takes forever, I am asking now, if Wisconsin has done their own investigation, in order to come up with the decision they did.  I recall an incident a couple of years back, in one of the dorms, during the Crean era not sexual in nature, where  some of our basketball players got suspensions.  No court was involved. 

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I agree with this. For some reason, I thought the case had been adjudicated.  However, since the law takes forever, I am asking now, if Wisconsin has done their own investigation, in order to come up with the decision they did.  I recall an incident a couple of years back, in one of the dorms, during the Crean era not sexual in nature, where  some of our basketball players got suspensions.  No court was involved. 

I would assume Wisconsin is doing their own investigation.  I really feel both receivers were suspended for precautionary reasons.  

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

If you were the Wisconsin coach, what would you do?  Assuming that the court system operates at the same speed it currently does.  

33 minutes ago, mamasa said:

If you were the Wisconsin coach, what would you do?  Assuming that the court system operates at the same speed it currently does.  

Yeah.  The kid could get a doctorate from Wisconsin, before the court gets to his case. I exaggerate, of course.  But it seemed to take forever for the Duke lacrosse kids to be found innocent, by a court of the law. 

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

Depending on their "internal investigation"... he would probably be playing for me. And wait for the courts to rule. 

Tennessee just had two former player acquitted of charges. Their college careers were ruined. 

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Depending on their "internal investigation"... he would probably be playing for me. And wait for the courts to rule. 

Tennessee just had two former player acquitted of charges. Their college careers were ruined. 

Look at what is going on at college campuses across the nation.  Sexual assault is more of the norm than it is the exception.  Schools, their Ads, and coaches are walking around on egg shells.  Right or wrong, that is the way it is.  Another thing to think about is there other priors against these players?  That would make a big difference as well.

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There's no easy answer.  The number of actual assaults (athlete or otherwise) is far more than the number of false claims filed.  If a person is found to have falsely accused, they should be held absolutely as accountable as someone who assaults.  

40 minutes ago, mamasa said:

There's no easy answer.  The number of actual assaults (athlete or otherwise) is far more than the number of false claims filed.  If a person is found to have falsely accused, they should be held absolutely as accountable as someone who assaults.  

Agree. But that doesnt change innocent until proven guilty. That's just the part I cant get past. 

58 minutes ago, rico said:

Look at what is going on at college campuses across the nation.  Sexual assault is more of the norm than it is the exception.  Schools, their Ads, and coaches are walking around on egg shells.  Right or wrong, that is the way it is.  Another thing to think about is there other priors against these players?  That would make a big difference as well.

The law says, innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around. 

Archived