Morgan Ellison Suspended Indefinitely

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yikes that’s a big loss. Who is the go to guy now at RB?

Gest and Majette have more experience than Ellison, just not the upside. Majette has to stay healthy. Stevie Scott has been getting high praise from coaches as well but is only a freshmen. Rickey Brookins is also solid when called upon and we have a couple other freshmen who were big time athletes in high school. I'm not concerned about the position of Gest, Majette and Brookins stay healthy but Ellison was just much better than those guys and could have had a breakout season. 

53 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ellison is probably done as an IU player. Dawkins is being talked to right now. What PayDay said is true.. although idk if it's a done deal yet with Dawkins. 

So if he's done and he hasn't been arrested.....what gives? Said something to a coach? 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

So if he's done and he hasn't been arrested.....what gives? Said something to a coach? 

I think there is still a weird chance that Dawkins returns. He is looking at the field, has to know it is really late, there may not be options. Then you get the real issue. Do you risk an unhappy, obviously not tied to the school, frustrated player disrupting the team if the season starts heading south.....especially a senior. No reason to think it would be a problem, but it has to be considered if you are a coach.

Just now, Payday said:

I think there is still a weird chance that Dawkins returns. He is looking at the field, has to know it is really late, there may not be options. Then you get the real issue. Do you risk an unhappy, obviously not tied to the school, frustrated player disrupting the team if the season starts heading south.....especially a senior. No reason to think it would be a problem, but it has to be considered if you are a coach.

Thank you for sharing! Regarding whether you allow a kid to disrupt a locker room. That's on the coach. If I get the faintest whiff of that path...send him on his way and say sorry it didn't work. Allen has to be the CEO...you don't ask for permission. Just my 2 cents.

Not good at all. It looks like Gest will be the man after all. I hope the backs can stay relatively healthy as a unit. Some young guys wait in the wings who I now hope get enough reps to accelerate their development. Majette and Brookins are solid runners and pass catchers with experience. A good line becomes even more imperative. I hope the young guys with no real game experience push even harder in practice to earn reps and that a couple get a try out there while the competition is more manageable. Thank goodness for t he RS rule too.

Crap like this, or injuries or guys going to the NFL every year are a lot of the reason why everyone, except PUke trolls and other sediment can rest easier. IU is good to handle similar programs, but the contenders take a little more star power than Indiana comes out with year after year for some reason or another.We never even got to see the conference leading, school record setting IU Offense of just a few years back play in complete form.This year's wan't likely to be neither as complete , nor prolific as it stood but I was still excited to see it . Not losing hope yet, but damn. 

Ellison is a big loss no matter how well it comes out. Makes me really upset as an IU fan, and even more disappointed for young people with such a great opportunity, but and not making the most of it.. 

11 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Matt Weaver backing what btownqb said, thinks Ellison won't ever play for IU again:

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Board/103604/Contents/Ellison-suspended-from-IU-team-121003030/

If he's guilty of anything along the lines of domestic abuse he should be booted. What I'm asking though is this. Wouldn't someone find a police report of this incident? 

Archived