Morgan Ellison Suspended Indefinitely

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Payday said:

I just love the way the kid plows in for yardage. Doesn’t have the breakaway speed, but he is a true old school runner.

Yes sir! But don’t forget about Majette also. I know everyone thought Ellison was talented, but I never liked what seemed to be a lack of toughness. Not bad mouthing the kid, but when I watched him it just seemed like he let bumps and bruises impact him too much. It may have just been youth. But he is talented. However, if tomorrow Gest is hit by a bus and breaks both legs, I think the kid would tape them up and try to go play. I don’t care who you are, you have love players who love the game and are just happy to have been given the chance to play for the school and play a game they love and every time I have watched Gest, along the sidelines or just interacting, he seems to be one that truly enjoys the game. Now, Gest is not going to hurt anyone outside. Ellison could burn by. But inside working, he is afraid of nobody.

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Domestic abuse type of an issue. No idea other than that. 

It is being locked down quite. But that will all end if it hasn’t already. And frankly, with the cases we have seen where athletes are accused falsely, and where they are legitimate accusations, maybe we should get back to the days where we allowed the police and authorities to follow existing laws on the books before we start punishing the kids. Let’s make sure it is legit. I believe colleges and pro football seem to have lost their way and they got sucked into a football version of shiri law, where we don’t let authorities use existing laws to deal with matters. Maybe we should roll back the expectations that programs act as some sort of social leader in dealing with issues. It is a game after all, most of these coaches are over paid middle school coaches who caught a break, why are these people expected to do anything more than put a team on the field? There is no consistency, each program handles it differently, laws are on the books to handle them, maybe we need to dial it back and anytime there is an issue the program simply states something like “it is in the hands of the authorities and we will respond once we have their conclusions”. A program like IU suffers because it deals with the issues while other programs continue to use the talent and gain advantages, clearly something is not working. Perhaps state and federal laws should come back to the forefront where people are innocent until proven guilty..........except in sports as it is right now. Who knows, too much politics and social correctness has infiltrated sports. I would prefer kids be given the benefit of the doubt but right now coaches and programs are not allowed that right. And honestly, if you have a program where authorities have dealt with issues in your program, FIRE THE DAMN COACH AND AD. Accountability at that level will change recruiting and a whole bunch of other things. Now, after this rant, with my luck a story will break tomorrow that makes the kid look like a monster and I will be attempting to hit delete. 🤪

2 hours ago, Payday said:

It is being locked down quite. But that will all end if it hasn’t already. And frankly, with the cases we have seen where athletes are accused falsely, and where they are legitimate accusations, maybe we should get back to the days where we allowed the police and authorities to follow existing laws on the books before we start punishing the kids. Let’s make sure it is legit. I believe colleges and pro football seem to have lost their way and they got sucked into a football version of shiri law, where we don’t let authorities use existing laws to deal with matters. Maybe we should roll back the expectations that programs act as some sort of social leader in dealing with issues. It is a game after all, most of these coaches are over paid middle school coaches who caught a break, why are these people expected to do anything more than put a team on the field? There is no consistency, each program handles it differently, laws are on the books to handle them, maybe we need to dial it back and anytime there is an issue the program simply states something like “it is in the hands of the authorities and we will respond once we have their conclusions”. A program like IU suffers because it deals with the issues while other programs continue to use the talent and gain advantages, clearly something is not working. Perhaps state and federal laws should come back to the forefront where people are innocent until proven guilty..........except in sports as it is right now. Who knows, too much politics and social correctness has infiltrated sports. I would prefer kids be given the benefit of the doubt but right now coaches and programs are not allowed that right. And honestly, if you have a program where authorities have dealt with issues in your program, FIRE THE DAMN COACH AND AD. Accountability at that level will change recruiting and a whole bunch of other things. Now, after this rant, with my luck a story will break tomorrow that makes the kid look like a monster and I will be attempting to hit delete. 🤪

Agree with the idea of letting the authorities handle it. Not sure why we've gotten away from that. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 6:35 PM, Payday said:

Because for a number of reasons women don’t always want these things known publicly but that doesn’t mean people who know it happened get to pretend it didn’t. 

I'm amazed that not a thing has leaked on this one. I guess if it was criminal we'd know by arrest records....or perhaps it still could be and they are investigating. I'll assume it's nothing on the academic side given when he was suspended. Just seems odd that a town that is full of loose lips that hasn't let out anything. 

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm amazed that not a thing has leaked on this one. I guess if it was criminal we'd know by arrest records....or perhaps it still could be and they are investigating. I'll assume it's nothing on the academic side given when he was suspended. Just seems odd that a town that is full of loose lips that hasn't let out anything. 

Federal investigation?

On 9/27/2018 at 9:15 PM, Indykev said:

Hearing from a very good source Ellison is at a hearing as I type. Person gave a 50/50 that he could play next week. He has been practicing with the team.

Thanks for letting us know. I guess sometimes we don't have to know everything but at least this sheds some light on the situation. Hearing nothing after 4 weeks into the season was just puzzling. 

Archived