Morgan Ellison Suspended Indefinitely

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Any news at all on Morgan? I was hoping for at least a grain of info one way of the other about Morgan this week. It definitely would be a big boost to have Morgan running the ball with Stevie against Ohio States defensive front.

Amen! That could be a great two headed monster and Reese Taylor bringing speed on top of that. Any buddy got any info on that hearing?

I have been checking up on Morgan's twitter to see any new activity. For the longest time, it was all black with no pictures, almost as of it was symbolic. I just now checked it and he has added a new cover photo of a hand that reads, "speak up" and another of him in an IU jersey holding a football. He has also added a few retweets. Maybe he knows something positive that we don't yet? Let's hope so!

Screenshot_20181009-130200.png

Screenshot_20181009-130218.png

Early on, I picked up on alleged domestic abuse against an ex-girlfriend.  And that an investigation could take a while. Hence the reason it has taken so long.  Now I am being told the investigation could be coming to a close sooner than first expected.

Sorry, HSN.  I report it. Good or bad. Like with Gunner Kiel.  But things may not be as bad as first alleged.  And Kudo's to IU for not only doing a thorough investigation, but letting it run it's course.  Many other schools would have issued a short suspension, in order to get their leading rusher back on the field. 

57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Early on, I picked up on alleged domestic abuse against an ex-girlfriend.  And that an investigation could take a while. Hence the reason it has taken so long.  Now I am being told the investigation could be coming to a close sooner than first expected.

Sorry, HSN.  I report it. Good or bad. Like with Gunner Kiel.  But things may not be as bad as first alleged.  And Kudo's to IU for not only doing a thorough investigation, but letting it run it's course.  Many other schools would have issued a short suspension, in order to get their leading rusher back on the field. 

Hopefully Good news coming for IU. I am glad that IU has been thorough. 

19 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Hopefully Good news coming for IU. I am glad that IU has has been thorough. 

Getting him back for the last four games of the season and allowing him to collect a redshirt wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Stevie Scott has played well and it also gives us a chance to get some reps to Ronnie Walker who may be able to preserve his red shirt season assuming Scott and Majette stay healthy. Assuming Ellison gets cleared of any wrong doing, that gives us him and Walker as RS Freshmen, Scott as a sophomore and Sampson coming in next season as a true freshmen....that's a STACKED backfield for the next 3-4 years. Not to mention if Gest is able to come back healthy...I'm not sure of the rules but he may still be a sophomore next season. 

Side note, (and sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere) what's going on with Brookins? I thought he'd be a major contributor this year and hasn't seen a single carry all season. 

Ok. So he's suspended for essentially his time left at IU. No criminal charges filed but enough to warrant suspension. Assuming he transfers at the end of this semester....certainly sheds some light on the Sampson James commit. Immediate playing time competition is down 1 more back.

8 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I have two daughters and three granddaughters so I am very protective of girls and women. But the ease with which women can make an accusation, without criminal charges being brought forward, and completely derail a young man's life is disturbing.

Welcome to the world of "Political Correctness".  

Archived