Morgan Ellison Suspended Indefinitely

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Most people would consider 1/10 a tiny percentage. And even so that’s one estimate. 2-10 is the range. And that’s reported rape.  For every reported rape there are 2 that weren’t give or take. So even if it is 10 percent. For every falsely accused man there are 27 rape victims. And that’s with the the highest estimate of false rape accusations. 

So not exactly sure how it makes any sense whatsoever to implicitly believe he was falsely accused. 

I don’t know what point you’re trying to make and no one on this forum including you knows what happened. I’m not saying he didn’t do it. He says he didn’t. He’s innocent until proven guilty. IU had a decision to make and they made it. Still doesn’t mean he did it but it does mean they feel there may be truth to the story.  It’s a bad situation all the way around. People speaking on things they know nothing about and passing judgment isn’t helping. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

I don’t know what point you’re trying to make and no one on this forum including you knows what happened. I’m not saying he didn’t do it. He says he didn’t. He’s innocent until proven guilty. IU had a decision to make and they made it. Still doesn’t mean he did it but it does mean they feel there may be truth to the story.  It’s a bad situation all the way around. People speaking on things they know nothing about and passing judgment isn’t helping. 

Simply saying people need to stop acting like because he says he’s innocent doesn’t make it so. And pretending like men falsely accused is this massive problem that is destroying lives left and right. 

8 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Im starting to beleive there needs to be some sort of requirement for someone who makes an accusation to have to file a police report if they want to follow through.  Have the people who are trained to investigate these cases do their diligence unbiased. 

Silence the victims. Great way to protect the rapists. 

There are numerous reasons why victims don’t go to the police. Namely it’s virtually impossible to keep anonymity. 

Then take into account that in some departments over 2/3 don’t even get investigated without being swing deemed lacking credibility. So clearly the police need a lot of training investigating these also. 

On October 29, 2018 at 1:15 PM, iuthruandthru said:

It seems to me Ellison is all but guilty in your mind.  He claims to have clear evidence he is not guilty and has not been arrested.  I think it’s bold to claim guilt or innocence at this point.  People shouldn’t jump to conclusions either way.

A team of impartial people and their lawyers saw this "evidence" and didn't think much of it.  So no at this point his claims of innocence do not have equal standing as the accusations against him. 

On 11/1/2018 at 8:27 AM, Brass Cannon said:

A team of impartial people and their lawyers saw this "evidence" and didn't think much of it.  So no at this point his claims of innocence do not have equal standing as the accusations against him. 

See, that’s where we disagree. It seems to me that a team of law enforcement officers and prosecutors looked at the evidence and didn’t think much of it.  If there was enough evidence to charge this young man he would be in jail right now.  I don’t have ANY confidence that the kangaroo court that looks at these incidents at IU is even close to impartial.  My experiences with this system might be clouding my judgement, but I think it is rigged against the young man.

58 minutes ago, SteveS said:

See, that’s where we disagree. It seems to me that a team of law enforcement officers and prosecutors looked at the evidence and didn’t think much of it.  If there was enough evidence to charge this young man he would be in jail right now.  I don’t have ANY confidence that the kangaroo court that looks at these incidents at IU is even close to impartial.  My experiences with this system might be clouding my judgement, but I think it is rigged against the young man.

Law enforcement never looked at it. Perhaps you should research basic facts about the case before deciding it was a sham. 

24 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Law enforcement never looked at it. Perhaps you should research basic facts about the case before deciding it was a sham. 

Perhaps law enforcement should be involved.  A team of impartial people? Wouldnt a team of administrators and lawyers working for IU err on the side caution and protect the university?

I think one thing that could be agreed upon, as hard as it may be, keep those zippers up because no person is worth this kind of trouble.  

On 10/29/2018 at 6:58 AM, Brass Cannon said:

Silence the victims. Great way to protect the rapists. 

There are numerous reasons why victims don’t go to the police. Namely it’s virtually impossible to keep anonymity. 

Then take into account that in some departments over 2/3 don’t even get investigated without being swing deemed lacking credibility. So clearly the police need a lot of training investigating these also. 

The only way to insure that there won't be more victims is to prosecute the perpetrators. I don't know where the truth lies in this case, but either a young man's life has been damaged or a criminal is free to assault again. By the way, in my opinion Title IX is out of control.

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Perhaps law enforcement should be involved.  A team of impartial people? Wouldnt a team of administrators and lawyers working for IU err on the side caution and protect the university?

I think one thing that could be agreed upon, as hard as it may be, keep those zippers up because no person is worth this kind of trouble.  

Obviously they don’t protect the university. Look at Penn State. OSU and MSU. And that’s just our conference off the top of my head. 

On 10/28/2018 at 11:05 AM, rico said:

To my knowledge there was never an arrest made to begin with.  At some point in time these athletes need to quit putting themselves in these kind of positions.  I was young once, I know how it is.  Hormones and what not.......but they are easy targets for false accusations.  But there are quite a few that are the real deal.  

There was never an arrest made because the accuser never called the police. If I were on a college campus these days I would get signed consent.

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/title-ix-and-sexual-assault

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Obviously they don’t protect the university. Look at Penn State. OSU and MSU. And that’s just our conference off the top of my head. 

I do not believe it's bias talking, but I really do believe IU is a different animal.  Football similarity aside with the other schools, talking more to the point of IUs progressive landscape.  Student Bill of Rights, the first of it's kind; the barely 18 month old domestic abuse policy.  Great policies that protect students, thereby protecting the university.  I do not believe IU holds it's football program or any athlete above it's policies or students.  You may disagree, and thats what makes this board great, but please respect the other person.  You once told me, a rape victim, I perpetuate rape culture.  As a victim, the last thing anyone wants is the perp free to do it again.  I tried that route once I came to grips with the stigma, shame, guilt, and self.  Unfortunately the statute of limitations ran out by 2 years.  Did he do it?  Maybe.  Is he innocent?  Maybe, it's hard to be definitive one way or the other at this point.  It's possible IU wanted to take no chances with Morgan and acted as a result.

Archived