Indy to Bloomington Travel Update

I miss living in my home state but I don’t miss this aspect lol. 

We were talking about this I-69 extension happening in the 1980s.  The greatest generation put up the entire interstate system after WWII in what 15-20 years?  I think my dad said that I-70 was up by around mid 1960s? Now it’s a decade every 50 miles.  

By the way, does anyone know if this I-69 project is getting worked on the other side through Kentucky down into Arkansas on the way to Texas?  

41 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We were talking about this I-69 extension happening in the 1980s.  The greatest generation put up the entire interstate system after WWII in what 15-20 years?  I think my dad said that I-70 was up by around mid 1960s? Now it’s a decade every 50 miles.  

By the way, does anyone know if this I-69 project is getting worked on the other side through Kentucky down into Arkansas on the way to Texas?  

There was a recent article in the Herald Times about this, HERE, if you can't access the article the short answer to your questions is: aside from Kentucky, no.

46 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Back then it was viewed as a military necessity versus an economic benefit. Especially since federal funding for this is so scarce. 

Surprised Mexico and Canada aren’t offering to help pay. Almost like the economic benefits of the NAFTA super Highway are overstated or something

22 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Wrong direction from Kentucky, but plenty of us who drive I-69 north of Indy are beyond thrilled that the Anderson to Muncie leg is finally being cleaned up and smoothed out. It’s been a ridiculous, pothole-filled drive for years. First time I’ve ever actually cheered the orange cones & barrels appearing!

Archived