1960's Music

5fouls

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be political, OK yes, but the young ones on here should  understand  that the counterculture of the 60's is not even close to the supposed counterculture of today!! Much of the counterculture of the 60's was against "The Man"! The perceived authority of the law! And much of what was pursued was LOVE not hate!!!

Still living today, it seems to this old man, that most of todays counterculture seems to revolve around hate and rejection rather than love! I'd rather go with Martin Luther King's vision of everyone getting along together!!

Went back through page one and realized I stepped on some of CC's post's, at least we share some of the same tastes in 60's music. Any way how about some Connie Francis, from the movie of the same name!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=connie+francis+where+the+boys+are&docid=608008723933037807&mid=8A4672E9E9EF31BC27888A4672E9E9EF31BC2788&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

On 5/13/2018 at 2:43 PM, Drroogh said:

I think I said somewhere else we could probably have a whole other thread on just Woodstock! Couple of good choices mile!

Thank you.  I did not attend Woodstock.  However one of my roommate friends at IU, whom I have know since third grade did. And we are both not only still alive, but still friends to this day.

This is not from Woodstock.  Just wondering if you remember this ?  From the year I graduated from IU.

"REFLECTIONS OF MY LIFE" THE MARMALADE ~ 1969

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure whether to put this in this thread, or the one about iconic women singers. Fits both categories.

Great "romantic" song, and a top pick for weddings as well as anniversary celebrations

Archived