Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Watch Miami on this one. He played high school football with 2 current Canes and it's no secret Miami is in dire need of qb help. 

Update on this one. Sounds like Saban was wanting to promote Dan Enos to OC in Bama. Miami might be stepping in and getting him as OC and bringing Jalen Hurts with him. Manny Diaz going for the huge HR out of the gates. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Update on this one. Sounds like Saban was wanting to promote Dan Enos to OC in Bama. Miami might be stepping in and getting him as OC and bringing Jalen Hurts with him. Manny Diaz going for the huge HR out of the gates. 

It is official, Enos to the "U".  Martell will be looking elsewhere...I suppose.

For whatever it’s worth, I heard an interview with Dave Revsine from the BTN earlier this week. He said that when they did their campus tours in August, he came away less than impressed with Martell. Said that from what he saw, Martell just didn’t have the attributes of a typical 5 star quarterback. If Haskins beat him out this year and he is quitting versus even trying to beat out the Georgia transfer, imo he sounds like he’s been overrated along the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Better chance for playing time though haha. 

Strange because they already have Isaiah Williams who was a highly rated qb in place to be starter. Maybe the kid just wanted to be close to home. Avon to Champaign is what 90 minutes?

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why is it surprising? 

It just seems like Michigan to Illinois is a big drop. I hadn’t followed close, but I thought he’d end up at a bigger place. 

This is one story that PU and IU coaches will probably use recruiting. You pick the big time football school and you may get recruited over and tossed to the side. Not sure on PU, but IU is in a pretty good place right now at QB so they may not have even reached out this time. 

6 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

It just seems like Michigan to Illinois is a big drop. I hadn’t followed close, but I thought he’d end up at a bigger place. 

This is one story that PU and IU coaches will probably use recruiting. You pick the big time football school and you may get recruited over and tossed to the side. Not sure on PU, but IU is in a pretty good place right now at QB so they may not have even reached out this time. 

Yeah that’s fair. Purdue is in a good spot now. Sindelar has two more years, they have a redshirt guy they like, and just landed a 4* QB this morning. 

Archived