Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Lovie Smith looks as lost on the sidelines as little ricky.  Some of the worst clock management I ever saw at the end of the first half.

Little consolation, seeing as how IU performed.  But Illinois lost on a last second field goal. EMU looked like OSU running down the field as the game came to a close.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Eastern Michigan has more Big 10 wins than the Illini in the last 3 years. 

I watched parts of the game.  And heard the announcers say that Eastern has beaten at least one B1G team, 3 years running.

Note to coach Allen..... don't schedule Eastern Michigan.   LOL

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For our resident message board friend. Is TCU good this year? Just wanting to know in the 2nd quarter before we can explain after the game.

Not sure how good they’re supposed to be. Overall I’m content with only being down 7 at half with it being Plummer’s first start and missing our best defensive player. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For our resident message board friend. Is TCU good this year? Just wanting to know in the 2nd quarter before we can explain after the game.

I thought they were a team that will be around the top 25. They are missing a couple key starters but I still felt Purdue would win. They are a bowl team if that is what you are asking. Still Purdue at home should give them the advantage.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I thought they were a team that will be around the top 25. They are missing a couple key starters but I still felt Purdue would win. They are a bowl team if that is what you are asking. Still Purdue at home should give them the advantage.

I agree with you... if Sindelar and Bailey were playing. Dynamic changed quite a bit the last week. 

43 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Kentucky is beating #9 ranked Florida 21-10 after 3 quarters with their backup QB.  The difference between them and us?  Their offensive line is good and their defense tackles people.  

And, after Florida's QB gets knocked out of the game, their backup leads them to 2 touchdowns,  

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

And, after Florida's QB gets knocked out of the game, their backup leads them to 2 touchdowns,  

Yeah that game was inexplicable. UK was dominating the LOS. Florida just playing uninspired football then starter goes down and boom game flips. Who knows with college football.

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Even though our game today was a total kick in the pants, I did enjoy watching Purdue get crushed, seeing Illinois lose on a FG, and watching MSU screw the game away at the end.  I can't stand MSU and all the off the field things they've had over the years.

Pretty much in line with my exact thoughts. It's tough because I'll always be a Lovie fan from his time with Bears but whatever his product is shouldn't be happening in year 4. I know he was a late hire so some consider this year 3 but still. 

In terms of injuries...sorry Purdue. The whole game deals with them. 350 yards on the ground to TCU? That's more than 1 guy being gone. 

Archived