Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Even though our game today was a total kick in the pants, I did enjoy watching Purdue get crushed, seeing Illinois lose on a FG, and watching MSU screw the game away at the end.  I can't stand MSU and all the off the field things they've had over the years.

Completely agree except I’d throw in UK losing. 

IU and PU both had very poor showings. There really isn’t any way to spin either game into anything else. 

45 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Anyone else see former IU WR Taysir Mack have a great day v PSU yesterday?  12 catches for 125.

Didn't watch the whole game but I did see one helluva catch he made.

Penn St. escaped that game, it was right there for Pitt to take and the Panthers buckled under the pressure.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty much in line with my exact thoughts. It's tough because I'll always be a Lovie fan from his time with Bears but whatever his product is shouldn't be happening in year 4. I know he was a late hire so some consider this year 3 but still. 

In terms of injuries...sorry Purdue. The whole game deals with them. 350 yards on the ground to TCU? That's more than 1 guy being gone. 

It’s a combination of things. Losing Bailey really hurt and the offense not even having the ball for 20 minutes of game time hurt too. Defense was on the field for 2/3 of the game. 

39 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’s a combination of things. Losing Bailey really hurt and the offense not even having the ball for 20 minutes of game time hurt too. Defense was on the field for 2/3 of the game. 

Your defense not stopping the run didn't help with that, but I couldn't believe how poor the offense looked with Plummer.  Only 2 first downs the entire first half on 8 drives.  I think that wore down your defense big time.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

Your defense not stopping the run didn't help with that, but I couldn't believe how poor the offense looked with Plummer.  Only 2 first downs the entire first half on 8 drives.  I think that wore down your defense big time.

Hell of a time to be thrown into your first ever game action against a Gary Patterson-coached defense that’s for sure. 

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Believe he found out Friday that he was going to be the guy last night. Too bad it couldn’t have been against Ball State haha. 

PU fans love talking up their SOS then using it as an excuse for things like this. As much as everyone hates playing cupcakes early it’s nice to have a chance to get a win and get guys ready. 

Getting up early against a Ball St or EIU may have given Plummer a chance to get his first game out of the way. 

It didn’t matter for IU last week with Ramsey, but I think it could next week against UCONN. I think he plays most of the snaps next week. 

14 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Even though our game today was a total kick in the pants, I did enjoy watching Purdue get crushed, seeing Illinois lose on a FG, and watching MSU screw the game away at the end.  I can't stand MSU and all the off the field things they've had over the years.

UK has always been my most hated school...but MSU has moved up there as a 1a....if not number one with the filth they have shown. Pure slime! The whole athletic department should get the death penalty.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:23 PM, Leathernecks said:

I watched most of the ASU @ MSU game. Was very entertaining. I think we can match up well with MSU. Forget the rush and rely on the passing game. 

Between that game and the Bears yesterday, some fun finishes this weekend.

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t necessarily agree with that. TCU having 20 I agree with but Rondale dropped what would’ve been a sure TD that would’ve put us up 7-0 early. That was crucial. 

TCU had about 6 or 7 awful mistakes in the first half. Purdue would not have beaten them with Sindelair. 

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

TCU had about 6 or 7 awful mistakes in the first half. Purdue would not have beaten them with Sindelair. 

It would’ve been a competitive game IMO. I think Purdue could’ve won with Sindelar. Game is very different if the offense wasn’t on the field for less than 20 minutes and the defense is fresher. TCU’s defense is solid but a healthy Sindelar could’ve done damage IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It would’ve been a competitive game IMO. I think Purdue could’ve won with Sindelar. Game is very different if the offense wasn’t on the field for less than 20 minutes and the defense is fresher. TCU’s defense is solid but a healthy Sindelar could’ve done damage IMO. 

Upfront both sides of the ball. 

Archived