Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m living in my own little world because I think the game would’ve been quite different if the top yardage guy in football played this game? Lol

Game would of been more respectable for sure but you weren’t winning. 

IU game would been a little closer as well if Penix played but it’s obvious we were out classed on both sides of the ball. Same for PU. 

You lost to Nevada with the “top yardage guy in football” lol good quarterback your team was just out classed in to many other positions. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's one game a year all my friends from high school get together, and since they all went to Purdue, I usually end up going to that game with them, so I was at this game.

If TCU's receivers were capable of catching half the passes they dropped, they would have hung 50 on Purdue.  Plummer wasn't effective largely because the offensive line couldn't protect him or establish the run.  I think Purdue had 2 rushing yards for the game until their last drive or two.  The score belies what an absolute rout this game was.

Just like IU against OSU, Purdue's lines were completely overpowered.  Just like Penix wouldn't have suddenly made the game close, Sindelar wouldn't have made any difference except for maybe scoring one more touchdown.

51 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

There's one game a year all my friends from high school get together, and since they all went to Purdue, I usually end up going to that game with them, so I was at this game.

If TCU's receivers were capable of catching half the passes they dropped, they would have hung 50 on Purdue.  Plummer wasn't effective largely because the offensive line couldn't protect him or establish the run.  I think Purdue had 2 rushing yards for the game until their last drive or two.  The score belies what an absolute rout this game was.

Just like IU against OSU, Purdue's lines were completely overpowered.  Just like Penix wouldn't have suddenly made the game close, Sindelar wouldn't have made any difference except for maybe scoring one more touchdown.

☝️☝️☝️

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

My Purdue family said as much that attended the game.

2 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

Aside from the game itself, did you have a good time? Thoughts on the new north end zone ribbon board?

17 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Aside from the game itself, did you have a good time? Thoughts on the new north end zone ribbon board?

Sure, I've always had a good time visiting my friends; we tailgated in the intramural fields before the game. 

I didn't realize the ribbon board was new until one of my friends pointed it out to me.  It's nice.

24 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Sure, I've always had a good time visiting my friends; we tailgated in the intramural fields before the game. 

I didn't realize the ribbon board was new until one of my friends pointed it out to me.  It's nice.

Makes the south end zone scoreboard look that much worse haha. The hope is that it makes it through the end of the year before they tear it down and build a new one. 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Wow, Wisconsin is thumping Michigan!!! Is Wisconsin that good or Michigan that bad? 

Harbaugh is being exposed for the fraud that he is.  I knew he was done when he started complaining earlier this year about not being able to complete with the dishonest programs.

Apparently, he didn't recruit any O-line players.

28 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

It pains me to say this, but OSU might be the best team in the country right now.

I really thought they would take a step back this year, but, in my opinion at least, they look MUCH better.

Agree with you.  Thinking perhaps the best OSU team of all time.  Quality balance everywhere.

By the way. One of my hero's growing up, passed just yesterday.

Howard 'Hopalong' Cassady from Ohio State dies at 85

Archived