Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Regardless, Purdue held their own today against a formidable opponent. Bell is a star in the making. 

Purdue/Indiana....oh yeah well we held our own against Iowa...oh yeah well we almost beat Michigan St! Battle of the we almost beat somebodies!

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Michigan getting homered in Happy Valley.  Penn State gets a no call on an offensive push off by a receiver on a touchdown pass and a defensive pass interference on 4th and 3.  I have no dog in the fight, but I detest homerism like that.

Michigan gets more homerism than anyone in the world. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Michigan gets more homerism than anyone in the world. 

I don't doubt you a bit. I just hate when officials insert themselves into the results. Call the games straight and let the chips fall where they will.  Penn State should beat Michigan without an assist from the officials.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Michigan getting homered in Happy Valley.  Penn State gets a no call on an offensive push off by a receiver on a touchdown pass and a defensive pass interference on 4th and 3.  I have no dog in the fight, but I detest homerism like that.

I thought both were called correctly, and overall the officiating has been good in this game. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I thought both were called correctly, and overall the officiating has been good in this game. 

No offense, but I thought the replays were pretty clear...(1) Penn State receiver pushed off in the end zone before making a touchdown catch and (2) Penn State defender made clear contact before the ball reached the receiver on a critical 4th & 3.  I'd question my bias if I wanted Michigan to win, but I had no dog in this fight.  I definitely saw both of those differently.  Overall, the officiating was OK, but they called Michigan for both offensive and defensive interference where they let Penn State slide.

...but I'm perfectly fine seeing Michigan lose.

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

No offense, but I thought the replays were pretty clear...(1) Penn State receiver pushed off in the end zone before making a touchdown catch and (2) Penn State defender made clear contact before the ball reached the receiver on a critical 4th & 3.  I'd question my bias if I wanted Michigan to win, but I had no dog in this fight.  I definitely saw both of those differently.  Overall, the officiating was OK, but they called Michigan for both offensive and defensive interference where they let Penn State slide.

...but I'm perfectly fine seeing Michigan lose.

The Penn State touchdown wasn’t pass interference, that happens on almost every play like that, he didn’t extend the arms, which is what usually gets an offensive PI. Are you talking about the final 4th and 3 where the Michigan kid dropped the TD?

There were good and bad calls both ways. On Michigan’s last touchdown drive the entire thing was set up by a 30+ yard screen play that was opened up by two blatant Michigan holds right in front of the ref that didn’t get called. And on the 4th down QB sneak on that drive there was no evidence he ever crossed the goal line. 

I thought the refs were solid overall, both teams had some bad calls go for the, and against them, but in no way did it seem like PSU got home cooking. I do think PSUcwas lucky to get out of there with a win. Michigan dominated the line of scrimmage, but PSU made plays when they needed them and Michigan made a lot of mistakes. 

Archived