Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

Not sure on Riley's personal life, but that might play into a decision to move to the pros. With the change in the recruiting rules, college coaches get literally no time off anymore. They are either in season, Spring ball or recruiting. In the NFL, once the draft is over, and except for the OTAs, there is some down time where a coach can get away for a bit. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure on Riley's personal life, but that might play into a decision to move to the pros. With the change in the recruiting rules, college coaches get literally no time off anymore. They are either in season, Spring ball or recruiting. In the NFL, once the draft is over, and except for the OTAs, there is some down time where a coach can get away for a bit. 

I seen an article that said Riley is not interested in the NFL...so you know what that means!

2 thoughts.

1) Rutgers is paying Liberty $1,000,000 to play them today and is a 7-7.5 point home dog. (Just kick them out of our conference please)

2) Is it Win/Win or Lose/Lose today for Illinois at Purdue. Win for either team gets 1 step closer to bowl eligibility....which I don't want. Loss for Purdue would probably be more enjoyable especially watching Mr. $6.6 Million Man search for another round of excuses this week. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

2 thoughts.

1) Rutgers is paying Liberty $1,000,000 to play them today and is a 7-7.5 point home dog. (Just kick them out of our conference please)

2) Is it Win/Win or Lose/Lose today for Illinois at Purdue. Win for either team gets 1 step closer to bowl eligibility....which I don't want. Loss for Purdue would probably be more enjoyable especially watching Mr. $6.6 Million Man search for another round of excuses this week. 

Purdue is playing at home and is improving.  Illinois is also improving but will be coming down off that high.  PUkes win.  Though, as Rico pointed out, weather could be a real factor there.

31 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Purdue is playing at home and is improving.  Illinois is also improving but will be coming down off that high.  PUkes win.  Though, as Rico pointed out, weather could be a real factor there.

From the radar, rain has already arrived in Boilerville.

10 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Illinois up 10-0 on Purdue. They're not moving the ball much, could be tough to come back with the rain there.

Purdue has been playing good run defense and has a nice short passing game but yeah..today you don't want to fall behind early. A punt in this weather sometimes might be your biggest play because it can be mishandled.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I won't get to smug until after our game today. This is kinda reverse of the basketball season. Now they have all the injuries and know what it feels like to kiss a promising season down the drain.

I'm not trying to be smug here either, but at no point this year has there been anything promising about Purdue's season, either before or after all their injuries.

13 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

A BIG team that can't run the ball will struggle in bad weather like this.  Brohm can recruit all the wideouts he wants, but it won't help in bad weather games.

It’d help if they could catch lol. I know it’s not ideal weather but you’re a D1 athlete. Catch the ball!

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Now you and I both know that’s not accurate. 

You started with a loss to Nevada, beat Vanderbilt, and got absolutely smoked by TCU.  What's actually been promising to you this season?

Edit:  I realize maybe we are looking at this differently.  I'm talking about the season, not the overall trajectory of the program.

6 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

You started with a loss to Nevada, beat Vanderbilt, and got absolutely smoked by TCU.  What's actually been promising to you this season?

The thought that we’d have a possible first round DT playing most of this year (he hasn’t played a game and probably won’t), the thought of having our all-conference linebacker have a great season (he tore his ACL right before TCU game), the thought that we wouldn’t lose our stud QB and All-American WR on the same play, and that we’d have our starting RB healthy all year. Just a few reasons why I had high hopes for this year. 

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I won't get to smug until after our game today. This is kinda reverse of the basketball season. Now they have all the injuries and know what it feels like to kiss a promising season down the drain.

Whether we win or lose today, I'm still happy to see them getting their butt's kicked.  If they lose today, that requires them to win out to make a bowl, and they still play @Wis.

Archived