Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

30 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Have they really been tested....other than Fresno early?  Not really.  They have PSU, then Iowa, NW, and finish with the Badgers.  I can imagine three losses in there.  Then again, in a magical season, which they might be having, they could surprise us all.  I haven't seen them play, so I don't know squat.  Fleck seems to draw some negative posts here, as I recall.  Right now he's in the running for BIG10 coach of the year, I would think.

I think the three finalists for coach of the year right now are Fleck, Allen, and Day.

Minnesota has been rolling, but they really haven't even played anyone good.  Even Maryland is a shell of what they were to start the season.  I think the loss to IU really took the fight out of them and sealed their season away.

IU is set up to have a special season.  If we get to 9+ wins, beating either Michigan or PSU to get there, I don't know how you give it to anyone else.  We play in the toughest division in college football.

If IU and Minnesota falter a little bit at the end of the year, I think it goes to Day if they go undefeated.  It's his first full year, and this is probably Ohio State's best team of all time.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I think the three finalists for coach of the year right now are Fleck, Allen, and Day.

Minnesota has been rolling, but they really haven't even played anyone good.  Even Maryland is a shell of what they were to start the season.  I think the loss to IU really took the fight out of them and sealed their season away.

IU is set up to have a special season.  If we get to 9+ wins, beating either Michigan or PSU to get there, I don't know how you give it to anyone else.  We play in the toughest division in college football.

If IU and Minnesota falter a little bit at the end of the year, I think it goes to Day if they go undefeated.  It's his first full year, and this is probably Ohio State's best team of all time.

I agree 100%.

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

SEC west is better than B1G East. 

LSU/Bama top 3

Auburn top 12 

Text AM is good football team. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

SEC west is better than B1G East. 

LSU/Bama top 3

Auburn top 12 

Text AM is good football team. 

I think it's closer than it appears.

OSU/PSU are both as good as LSU and Alabama

Michigan just annihilated Notre Dame while Auburn lost

MSU is a good football team, and so is IU this year.

6 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

agree with you about minnesota having not played anyone good...but we also haven't beaten anyone good

1 minute ago, coachv said:

agree with you about minnesota having not played anyone good...but we also haven't beaten anyone good

No we haven’t.  But I’m going to choose to be happy winning the games we have won.  And winning two conference road games in a row.  This program doesn’t have much of a history of either of those happening so there is good reason for the mood around this board and the program right now.  I’m going to enjoy it.

7 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

No we haven’t.  But I’m going to choose to be happy winning the games we have won.  And winning two conference road games in a row.  This program doesn’t have much of a history of either of those happening so there is good reason for the mood around this board and the program right now.  I’m going to enjoy it.

me too

12 minutes ago, DireBump said:

Does not matter IMHO. In terms of timing. It is what it is. Thank you for the contribution. 

By the way.... great to have you as a member of Hoosier Sports Nation.

19 minutes ago, DireBump said:

Thanks for having me! By far the best site for IU sports

Again. Glad to have you.  In terms of being the best IU fan board. I can't disagree.  In fact, Hoosier Sports Nation, and members before our formation as HSN,  have broken IU news long before any other IU fan site. We have got a ton of members who are tuned in, and very close to the program.  And over the years have not been afraid to share.  Keep tuned in. And one will never know what to learn next from them.  And all of this information is shared by members who not just love IU.... but are willing to share their knowledge with us, knowing HSN has no pay walls to see what they are willing to share with us.

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Purdue is down 10-0, and they're lucky to be that close.  Nebraska couldn't get a touchdown on a drive starting inside the Purdue 5.  Next drive, Martinez threw a terrible pass that got intercepted inside the redzone, and then he just missed a wide open guy for what would have been a walk in touchdown.

Martinez is looking very rough today. 

15 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Purdue is down 10-0, and they're lucky to be that close.  Nebraska couldn't get a touchdown on a drive starting inside the Purdue 5.  Next drive, Martinez threw a terrible pass that got intercepted inside the redzone, and then he just missed a wide open guy for what would have been a walk in touchdown.

We were due for a bit of luck this season lol 

11 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Pretty shocking they haven’t gone to the backup unless he’s u available with that ankle? Martinez is making every wrong read, not getting rid of the ball and when he does he’s wildly inaccurate. I know they want to get back back and going but perhaps he should sit the rest of this one out. OC needs to call a better game also. Purdue can’t hold them to less than 3 yards when they run between the tackles yet they keep abandoning the traditional run game

I wondered that about the backup too.  Martinez has held them back big time today.  They've had great field position from turnovers and blocked punts, and haven't done anything with it.

Archived