Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Oh. I read some chatter about a possibility of him making it back.That would suck for you guys if not because he is sensational,  but hard not to see Bell continuing to benefit from the go to role.

They will have the best 1-2 punch in the B1Gs. With the exception of the Illinois game Purdue has battled for 4 quarters in their games. They will be very tough to beat.

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I have too but I’m not hopeful. Would be great to see him but especially if we lose against Wisky, no reason to bring him back to possibly risk re-aggravating it. Get him healthy for next year. 

Yes .Not disagreeing one bit, but does IU's current momentum maybe create a bit of urgency behind closed doors.Seriously.Not cominh off any way and hope that doesn't read as such.I just know hoe seriously rivalries are taken .Does the potential impact he could have if say he did return for IU move the needle on any decision that might be up in the air  if Moore himself is asking to go by then?

Just now, FKIM01 said:

Well, let's see...an easy missed field goal for Northwestern, pass interference on an overthrown 4th down pass...there's probably more but those two come to mind pretty quickly.

Lol I can easily go the other way on that. NW got lucky on that fumble they recovered in the 4th, that second INT by O’Connell should’ve never happened because it was either defensive holding or PI as their guy was draped all over Hopkins, the safety in the second quarter was completely avoidable, etc...

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol I can easily go the other way on that. NW got lucky on that fumble they recovered in the 4th, that second INT by O’Connell should’ve never happened because it was either defensive holding or PI as their guy was draped all over Hopkins, the safety in the second quarter was completely avoidable, etc...

...and I knew you would. 😂

Congratulations on making an absolutely terrible Northwestern team look pretty good.

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean he led a game-winning TD drive last week and had a pretty solid game today. I think he absolutely could’ve led us down the field for a TD. 

Your QB has been solid in his limited action.   Going that direction nobody scored a TD all game.   Not saying it would have been impossible,  just unlikely. 

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ehh I doubt it. This season went by the wayside awhile ago, just have to keep playing hard and hold onto the recruiting class. 

Again, I agree completely, but is that final even with a bowl still doable technically.Or does that kick in should loss 7 come. Perhaps I'm just reading in too much but it is Indiana -Purdue .

The last part being in the context of not seeing any chance at all prior to IU in any event based on almost all talk I've saw online..If it doesn't include playing fpr a 6th win no logic whatsoever if he can save himself for next year or play.With all due respect to the rivalry that alone wouldn't be enough reason for me if it his status were my call.

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They will have the best 1-2 punch in the B1Gs. With the exception of the Illinois game Purdue has battled for 4 quarters in their games. They will be very tough to beat.

I think that part may be debatable. Philyor and Scott are going to be the best one two punch in the B1G next season,  IMO. 

Jj It will probably be whoever Ohio State pulls put of their rear ends again next year.Lol

11 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

I think that part may be debatable. Philyor and Scott are going to be the best one two punch in the B1G next season,  IMO. 

Jj It will probably be whoever Ohio State pulls put of their rear ends again next year.Lol

Best WR/RB punch might be those two (no clue what OSU will have). Bell/Moore will be one of the best 1/2 punches in the conference next year IMO. 

21 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Best WR/RB punch might be those two (no clue what OSU will have). Bell/Moore will be one of the best 1/2 punches in the conference next year IMO. 

Perhaps so. They're right up there and there is no denying that.

I just think IU will have a say in all offensive best discussions in general moving forward. Even with players graduating at WR for IU, they have a lot returning since their trajectory is higher earlier on than usual with typical past  Indiana teams. At WR it will just be more of the same really.The more recent WR corps has been leading the B1G twice in the last 5 years now counting this season. 

I do think Purdue being without Moore and Sindelar being out are why you guys aren't right there vying for the lead in passing yardage or outright having it even.I just feel I can say the same if Penix were healthy all year based on what we have saw without good continuity from week to week with his status.  Uncle Rico could lead the B1G behind IU's line as of how they have played for the most part.Lol That continuity Penix hasn't enjoyed nor will now this year, is why it really isn't a shocker Ramsey has meshed so well in relief and Scott has started to take off again.

Also how many TE's will be better than Hendershot with another year under his belt?

Sorry.I've watched a lot of B1G Football this week and season.Trying to make sense of everything to date still despite seeing a few games more than once..I did correctly predict -to date- where I thought IU would be 9 games into the year. Also how it remained possible, even if they didn't get a top 10 win. Still lack one thus far and. almost certainly will continue to now that PSU lost.. I still can't admit I expected the IU offense to remain so potent once Cronk,Littlejohn, and Penix had to miss time.A bit shocked here actually.

That balance across the board  is why I think they(IU stars) ultimately peak higher than Purdue with DeBoer now in place of Debord at OC. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Those two will put extreme stress on a secondary. I don’t know how you defend both. I like our offense and it’s balance but outside Ohio St corners not sure who can cover both. Only concern for your offense is will the line give your qb time against the elite teams.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Great game...hats off to the Gophers.

Yes credit to Minnesota. I thought both teams were fortunate to be undefeated and caught a favorable schedule (PSU caught Iowa and Michigan during their poor stretch). I don’t think either can keep up with OSU but I am happy for Minnesota. Hope they make the Rose Bowl...that’s a program that seems to be building the right way.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Those two will put extreme stress on a secondary. I don’t know how you defend both. I like our offense and it’s balance but outside Ohio St corners not sure who can cover both. Only concern for your offense is will the line give your qb time against the elite teams.

Agreed. And we don’t lose any WR to graduation either. Bell/Moore with Wright, Sheffield, Anderson, and then throw in a guy like Maliq Carr into the equation and even with an average o-line, we should be able to sling it all over the yard. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agreed. And we don’t lose any WR to graduation either. Bell/Moore with Wright, Sheffield, Anderson, and then throw in a guy like Maliq Carr into the equation and even with an average o-line, we should be able to sling it all over the yard. 

Well as we see with the Alabama game who have the best WRs in college...pressure the qb and even a heisman trophy candidate can’t get it too them....add an opposing ball control offense and well star power can be neutralized.

42 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Could be like the colts were with Luck tho. Can have all the weapons you want but if you don’t have an O-line you won’t have a QB to throw the ball. Will O-Line be better next year?

5 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Could be like the colts were with Luck tho. Can have all the weapons you want but if you don’t have an O-line you won’t have a QB to throw the ball. Will O-Line be better next year?

Can’t really get worse IMO. I think we’ll add at least 1 grad transfer on the line before next season. I’m guessing it’ll be a decent amount better yeah. 

Archived