Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Northwestern wins it in overtime to drop Nebraska to 0-6.

He'll get time to turn it around, but what a terrible start for Frost in Nebraska. Their fans can't be too happy at the moment.

Amazing series by the Wildcats to tie the game.  99 yards with no time outs.  And not much clock time.  Just when it looked like the Huskers had secured their first win.  Instead, we still have two perfect teams in the B1G.  Nebraska with no wins, and Ohio State with no losses. 

And for those that don't know it.  Nebraska has never started a season 0-6. 

49 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Amazing series by the Wildcats to tie the game.  99 yards with no time outs.  And not much clock time.  Just when it looked like the Huskers had secured their first win.  Instead, we still have two perfect teams in the B1G.  Nebraska with no wins, and Ohio State with no losses. 

And for those that don't know it.  Nebraska has never started a season 0-6. 

Just heard this as well....the last time the Huskers went back-to-back years with out making a bowl was '67 and '68.  They went 6-4 both those years.

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Just heard this as well....the last time the Huskers went back-to-back years with out making a bowl was '67 and '68.  They went 6-4 both those years.

Plus the Huskers lost out to end last season.  They are now O for in their last ten games.  Honestly, I would have never expected it.  Tough for fans in a state that does not even have professional teams of any type to keep them excited.  All they've got are the Huskers. And it has worked well for them.... until now.

And one of  the best steakhouses in America,  in Grand Island.... Dreisbach's ...is no longer in business either.

TIme to get the combine out and harvest the corn, I guess. 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Plus the Huskers lost out to end last season.  They are now O for in their last ten games.  Honestly, I would have never expected it.  Tough for fans in a state that does not even have professional teams of any type to keep them excited.  All they've got are the Huskers. And it has worked well for them.... until now.

And one of  the best steakhouses in America,  in Grand Island.... Dreisbach's ...is no longer in business either.

TIme to get the combine out and harvest the corn, I guess. 

Their favorite college football team sucks and there is no good place to eat. Welcome to my world Husker Nation.  :)

Judging by friends and social media/articles....I'd definitely say Lovie Smith is starting to get second looks from within. People are asking was this just a gimmick hire on name only or what? He's in year 3. So I ask is it a given that universities give 5 years minimum to judge a program? I mean I look at teams like Iowa St, Arizona St....shoot even Fresno that have accomplished plenty in short order with new coaches.

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Judging by friends and social media/articles....I'd definitely say Lovie Smith is starting to get second looks from within. People are asking was this just a gimmick hire on name only or what? He's in year 3. So I ask is it a given that universities give 5 years minimum to judge a program? I mean I look at teams like Iowa St, Arizona St....shoot even Fresno that have accomplished plenty in short order with new coaches.

Smith's contract.......6 years, $21 million that is back loaded.

26 minutes ago, rico said:

Smith's contract.......6 years, $21 million that is back loaded.

Yep. And I'm not saying 3 years is remotely close enough time to take over a dumpster fire like he inherited...but last time I checked Brohm took over one too. To allow 40+ unanswered points like that at home? 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. And I'm not saying 3 years is remotely close enough time to take over a dumpster fire like he inherited...but last time I checked Brohm took over one too. To allow 40+ unanswered points like that at home? 

Scott Frost took over a UCF team that was winless the year before and took them to a bowl in his first season.  How is it working for him at Nebraska?  

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just don’t think Lovie is that good of a coach honestly. Their recruiting hasn’t been good and their overall talent level is bad. I think it’s a question of when not if he gets fired. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Just don’t think Lovie is that good of a coach honestly. Their recruiting hasn’t been good and their overall talent level is bad. I think it’s a question of when not if he gets fired. 

You mean college coach right?

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That's the hard part. As Rico pointed out earlier...back ended contract. Plus from what I remember...Lovie would have to pay like $5M if he left early. 

Archived