Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, rico said:

The Illinois job is really a difficult one to gauge.  They seem to attract big names.  But they don't last long there for whatever reason.  Lovie was a big name..

Guess that's what you get some times with a coaching search and a big name hire :coffee:  (Just giving you crap).

It is crazy some of the names they've been able to hire.  I haven't talked to many U of I fans lately, but all the ones I knew were tired of him LAST year, so I'm sure they're really tired of him by now.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Well the Bucknut fans are starting to get concerned about Purdue.  tOSU's defense sucks and Bosa is out for the year.  I think the Bucks will win.....but

Yeah I don’t expect Purdue to win but I think they can hopefully keep it close. Can’t wait to be there Saturday night minus the cold weather ha. 

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Excellent coaching job by Brohm and congrats to them on the win. I still don't know how a team can beat a top team like Ohio St so soundly.....and lose at home to a bad MAC team like Eastern Michigan. Guess when you deal with 18-21 year olds you never know what to expect.

Payday hit the nail on the head in another thread.....Brohm still isn't coaching his players.  That being said upsets happen.  And the Boilers are oh so close to being undefeated.

What's amazing to me is this. Ohio St most recent losses (Iowa, Clemson, and now Purdue) were games that should never happen. I mean they were steamrolled and depantsed. If your an Ohio St fan this morning....you have to be asking yourself how in the world can we get beat by a combined (almost)100 points? Players, staff, scheme? 

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What's amazing to me is this. Ohio St most recent losses (Iowa, Clemson, and now Purdue) were games that should never happen. I mean they were steamrolled and depantsed. If your an Ohio St fan this morning....you have to be asking yourself how in the world can we get beat by a combined (almost)100 points? Players, staff, scheme? 

Well, the Bucks can't run the ball.  That is not Ohio St. football.  They are relying on the passing game......and to be honest that is a Meyer thing.  Haskins is not a dual threat QB, Urban is not used to that.  To be honest who have the Buckeyes beat?  TCU?  Well that got their asses handed to them yesterday by the Sooners at home.  Penn St.?  The same team that we played toe to toe?  I will say one thing.....when the Bucknuts lay an egg it is a "double yoker".....hell maybe a triple!

1 minute ago, rico said:

Well, the Bucks can't run the ball.  That is not Ohio St. football.  They are relying on the passing game......and to be honest that is a Meyer thing.  Haskins is not a dual threat QB, Urban is not used to that.  To be honest who have the Buckeyes beat?  TCU?  Well that got their asses handed to them yesterday by the Sooners at home.  Penn St.?  The same team that we played toe to toe?  I will say one thing.....when the Bucknuts lay an egg it is a "double yoker".....hell maybe a triple!

I think that's my biggest thing. These losses aren't even close. No way those types of losses should happen routinely given the talent, resources,etc....

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think that's my biggest thing. These losses aren't even close. No way those types of losses should happen routinely given the talent, resources,etc....

Well, I will take a stab in the dark here.  Guys go to Ohio St. to get into the NFL.  To them it is stepping stone, I mentioned it somewhere but the Bucks secondary is getting picked apart, but yet they have 2-3 DB's projected to go in next years draft.  What is up with that?  

32 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Of course he is...Purdue's string of incredible luck continues.

Still hanging onto that luck thing? Yikes man let it go. I guess Purdue was so lucky last week too when they embarrassed OSU?

You could just as easily say Purdue was quite unlucky in their first 3 games when they went 0-3. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Still hanging onto that luck thing? Yikes man let it go. I guess Purdue was so lucky last week too when they embarrassed OSU?

You could just as easily say Purdue was quite unlucky in their first 3 games when they went 0-3. 

Well, the Boilers laid an egg.....just like the Badgers.  Iowa is the team in the West.

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah they did. MSU’s defense was tough today and our defensive gameplan was too passive. Gave them too much of a cushion especially in the first half. 

You guys had your chances.  Just didn't take advantage of them.  Me thinks the Bucknuts are going down to Sparty.

Archived