Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Right? Lol

I was listening to the Boilers pre-game show on the radio(Warsaw carries them).  And Kitchel?  The color guy was talking about 1977.  Purdue had Notre Dame down 17-3.  Had knocked Rusty Lisch out of the game.  Then the Boilers knocked the Irish back-up QB out of the game.  ND brings out their third stringer.  He leads them to victory........some guy by the name of Joe Montana!  The Irish won the title that year.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, the Boilers laid an egg.....just like the Badgers.  Iowa is the team in the West.

“Not so fast my friend” -Northwestern. Their game on 11/10 probably decides the West. But only if Iowa holds up against Penn State and Purdue. Northwestern has a much easier road with Illinois and Minnesota. 

47 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

“Not so fast my friend” -Northwestern. Their game on 11/10 probably decides the West. But only if Iowa holds up against Penn State and Purdue. Northwestern has a much easier road with Illinois and Minnesota. 

Doh, I forgot about the 'Cats......too many beers!!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Purdue beating Iowa basically wraps up the West for Northwestern. Worst case they go 7-2 and will have tiebreaker over Purdue or Wisconsin. 

I was curious about this myself. They have at Iowa, at Minny, and Illinois left. They'd have to lose 2 of those 3 right? 

I hate Penn State, have never liked them, so can anyone tell me how a school that should have had their program shut down for being a den of child molesters has not played anyone this year, got killed last week, and is still ranked? Hell, there isn’t a win on their schedule that justifies a top twenty ranking. And before someone gets offended, because i realize people here sometimes have ties to penn state, I apologize but even they know this ranking is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Payday said:

I hate Penn State, have never liked them, so can anyone tell me how a school that should have had their program shut down for being a den of child molesters has not played anyone this year, got killed last week, and is still ranked? Hell, there isn’t a win on their schedule that justifies a top twenty ranking. And before someone gets offended, because i realize people here sometimes have ties to penn state, I apologize but even they know this ranking is ridiculous. 

Pretty much in line with all of your thoughts. Problem is that 1/3 of the voting comes from NE media and most just likely put them in there. Not a fan of Franklin at all. 

2 hours ago, Payday said:

Probably because 2 of their losses were essentially on the last possession. They’re literally 2 plays away from being 9-1. With that said, they’re definitely not as good as they hoped at the beginning of the season. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Probably because 2 of their losses were essentially on the last possession. They’re literally 2 plays away from being 9-1. With that said, they’re definitely not as good as they hoped at the beginning of the season. 

That is pretty much it in a nut shell.

Archived