Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn got beaten by UCF in last year’s bowl game- a January 1st game to boot— on national television. They had a major chip on their collective shoulders. They would have pasted pretty much any B1G team they played today, save maybe OSU. They probably aren’t as good as they played today, and PU is probably not as bad, but it sure was fun watching them get blown out.

I won’t call out any posters on here, but I have issues with any IU fan that gives anything close to props to Brohm or anything Purdue 

There was discussion down here regarding Brohm as a potential Gus replacement in the future.  Seems Gus heard those rumblings and wanted to put that talk to rest. No Auburn fans I know would now be super excited about the prospect of a Brohm hire. He's obviously still a darn good coach, but some of the shine has definitely been knocked off.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't have a reason to watch but can someone explain to me what Auburn was doing scheme or route or passing wise? It's not like the athletes that Auburn has are superior to Ohio St so my question is regarding scheme? What did Gus Malzahn do to out scheme Brohm so much?

I really don't know if he out schemed him.  Shell shocked him is a better term.  The Boilers gave up 3 passing TD's that were over 50 yards.  The Boilers couldn't stop the run either.  Quick strikes, hell Auburn looked like the Peyton Manning Colts.  That being said.....Purdue's offense never got going period.  Interesting stat of the game for me......Auburn only had the ball 11 minutes in the first half and had amassed over 300 passing yards in that time period.  Boiler up!  

My brother in law that played baseball at Auburn commented that Gus had the headset on and was calling plays yesterday. Similar to the situation with CTA, Gus has had to step back from calling plays to be more of a CEO.  Sports talk down here discussed the pace that Auburn runs when Gus is calling plays is exceptionally fast, even by today's standards. They also have true RPO almost every play, even though Stidham is no Nick Marshall. Just my thoughts, but I would say the tempo, RPO, and speed of the athletes was the difference yesterday. Keep in mind, Auburn didn't look like that all year. They just happened to play up to their max potential on offense and defense for their bowl game. At one point, Stidham was being mentioned as a very early 1st round draft pick. Think we got to see some of his potential yesterday.

35 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

My brother in law that played baseball at Auburn commented that Gus had the headset on and was calling plays yesterday. Similar to the situation with CTA, Gus has had to step back from calling plays to be more of a CEO.  Sports talk down here discussed the pace that Auburn runs when Gus is calling plays is exceptionally fast, even by today's standards. They also have true RPO almost every play, even though Stidham is no Nick Marshall. Just my thoughts, but I would say the tempo, RPO, and speed of the athletes was the difference yesterday. Keep in mind, Auburn didn't look like that all year. They just happened to play up to their max potential on offense and defense for their bowl game. At one point, Stidham was being mentioned as a very early 1st round draft pick. Think we got to see some of his potential yesterday.

I know this is a B1G thread, but my hat's off to Stidham.  Not for his performance, but the fact that he chose to play in the game.

56 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Michigan poking holes in the argument whoever made suggesting how much more dominant the SEC is over the B1G, based on Auburn’s performance yesterday.

But then again, there are some on here who feel the need to provide excuses for how bad Purdue is. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

But Florida beat Tennessee by 26, Auburn lost to Tennessee by 6, Michigan is losing to Florida, Michigan lost to OSU by 23, and Purdue beat OSU by 29.

Basically, the math boils down to the fact that Auburn is 60 points better than PU. Great job by Brohm covering that spread! Money well spent!

Purdue and Michigan getting smahsed is about as good as it gets for a 2nd consecutive winter of IU sitting at home.

Purdue's D absolutely blows and got exposed for the garbage it truly is. I dont care how motivated Auburn might have been, 63 pts allowed.LOL!!!!!! Pathetic performance for any team in any bowl! Ill just go ahead and throw Houston under the same bus for giving up the 70...PA-THET- IC!! :D

5 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

Purdue and Michigan getting smahsed is about as good as it gets for a 2nd consecutive winter of IU sitting at home.

Purdue's D absolutely blows and got exposed for the garbage it truly is. I dont care how motivated Auburn might have been, 63 pts allowed.LOL!!!!!! Pathetic performance for any team in any bowl! Ill just go ahead and throw Houston under the same bus for giving up the 70...PA-THET- IC!! :D

Purdue’s defense can really only get better from here though. Their best players will be back and some talented freshmen should be able to make a mark quickly I’d expect. 

Archived