Big Ten Football

BeerBQ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

At least the talk of Brohm leaving after this year will die down. Bad loss but not completely unexpected. 

What do you mean "not completely unexpected?" You were a 2 touchdown favorite, at home, against a team that was 1-38 all-time against Big Ten teams (and that win was last year against Rutgers).

17 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

What do you mean "not completely unexpected?" You were a 2 touchdown favorite, at home, against a team that was 1-38 all-time against Big Ten teams (and that win was last year against Rutgers).

I mean that I’m not terribly surprised that we laid an egg today. It sucked but it was like the Rutgers game last year. Have to rebound and win the next 2 to get back on track. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean that I’m not terribly surprised that we laid an egg today. It sucked but it was like the Rutgers game last year. Have to rebound and win the next 2 to get back on track. 

I was supposed to go today......glad I didn't.  It would have been a miserable ride back home with my cousins with an IU fan in the backseat.

Terrible first two weeks for Purdue.  Lost a toss up game to Northwestern, and lost as a 15 point favorite to Eastern Michigan.  Still have games against OSU, MSU, and Wisconsin.  That's likely 5 losses right there.  Throw in tough games coming up against Missouri, BC, @Nebraska, @Iowa, @Minnesota, and @IU.  Their path to 6 wins significantly diminished after the first two weeks.

Also, not at all surprised to see the shine coming off Brohm's star.  I predicted it this offseason with the players they lost and their tougher schedule.  It will be interesting to see how Purdue plays the next few weeks.  Their next 3 games aren't gimme's, so they could be anywhere from 3-2 to 0-5.

3 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know it's not Big Ten football but Ball State is giving the Irish fits right now. Down 11 in the 4th with 7 minutes to go. The Cardinals were 35 point dogs...

Was the Michigan win a fluke???

I’m pulling for Ball State. I like an underdog in this dog fight. Mr. Stoller is incredulous 😂 as he cheers for his Irish (his second team 🙂).

15 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Terrible first two weeks for Purdue.  Lost a toss up game to Northwestern, and lost as a 15 point favorite to Eastern Michigan.  Still have games against OSU, MSU, and Wisconsin.  That's likely 5 losses right there.  Throw in tough games coming up against Missouri, BC, @Nebraska, @Iowa, @Minnesota, and @IU.  Their path to 6 wins significantly diminished after the first two weeks.

Also, not at all surprised to see the shine coming off Brohm's star.  I predicted it this offseason with the players they lost and their tougher schedule.  It will be interesting to see how Purdue plays the next few weeks.  Their next 3 games aren't gimme's, so they could be anywhere from 3-2 to 0-5.

You make good points. It’s very possible Purdue could improve this year and have a worse record due to the tougher schedule. Hopefully they get it turned around the next few weeks. 

Archived