Little Help?

Thanks.  I was hoping there were more recent ones.  He can't understand why the Hoosiers wouldn't be one of the top 2 in the B1G.  Seems consistent that everyone picks MSU and Mich 1st and 2nd.  Then either Purdue, MD, Nebraska, or IU?  Interesting that all of these put us 4th, but one has PU ahead of us, 1 has Neb ahead of us, and on has MD ahead of us.  I guess that means that for now, I'm averaging us out at 3rd.  

I think a 3rd place finish would be a strong result - it’s going to be a really interesting season to watch. Last season we had only iffy expectations. Now we have lots of reasons for high hopes. Can see anywhere from 2d to 5th, I don’t think we end up lower and tend to think we’ll be in the hunt again the end of the season 

11 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Thanks.  I was hoping there were more recent ones.  He can't understand why the Hoosiers wouldn't be one of the top 2 in the B1G.  Seems consistent that everyone picks MSU and Mich 1st and 2nd.  Then either Purdue, MD, Nebraska, or IU?  Interesting that all of these put us 4th, but one has PU ahead of us, 1 has Neb ahead of us, and on has MD ahead of us.  I guess that means that for now, I'm averaging us out at 3rd.  

There’s definitely a lot of mixed feelings among the group of IU, Purdue, Nebraska and Maryland. I tend to think IU and Maryland May be better than people think, Purdue probably worse, and to be honest I don’t know what to make of Nebraska. 

I also think Michigan is being overrated. I guess it’s the Beilein thing, but they lost a lot and for some reason people are ignoring it. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

There’s definitely a lot of mixed feelings among the group of IU, Purdue, Nebraska and Maryland. I tend to think IU and Maryland May be better than people think, Purdue probably worse, and to be honest I don’t know what to make of Nebraska. 

I also think Michigan is being overrated. I guess it’s the Beilein thing, but they lost a lot and for some reason people are ignoring it. 

Paraphrasing a Bruce Weber quote when he was HC at Illinois, about how the upcoming season looked to him :

"I don't know, but one thing I am sure of.... Illinois is going to suck this year." "Don't put that on the internet."

I can NOT in all honestly understand how any rational thinking person could think a team like the pee yew smellermakers that LOST 60.22 % of their scoring from last season INCLUDING FOUR STARTERS is going to be better than Indiana University in 2018-2019  ?? It boggles my mind that there are a few people who could actually believe that !!!

I went back and looked at IU's box score of their last game last season and guess what ? There are Three Starters back from that game for the Hoosiers in 2018-2019 !! Also , IU had TWO subs who played in that final game who combined to score 14 points and they are back !  6'10" Deron Davis is back after missing the Big Ten Season last year ! IU has the # 7 rated recruiting class coming in for 2018-2019 !!! I also looked at pee yew's final box score  from last season ! Guess what ? ONLY Paul Bunyon ( 7'2" Haas ) did not play in that game !! Pee yew had Vince Edwards , Dakota Mathias , and P.J. Thompson start that game along with Carsen Edwards !! Even with 4 of their normal starting 5 and with Carsen Edwards going off for 30 points , the smellermakers got clobbered 78 to 65 by Texas Tech !! My point is this :: Apparently there are a few people who believe Carson Edwards is a good enough player that he will carry the smellermakers to the success they had last season  without the FOUR Starterrs that are GONE from the pee yew roster ?? Hell, He couldn't even do so against Texas Tech when the only starter missing was Haas and he ( Carsen Edwards) scored 30 points and the smellermakers still got their butts kicked by 13 POINTS !! Again, I just can NOT understand anyone thinking those smellermakers are gonna be better than the Hoosiers in 2018-2019 !! 

On 9/1/2018 at 4:48 PM, milehiiu said:

Paraphrasing a Bruce Weber quote when he was HC at Illinois, about how the upcoming season looked to him :

"I don't know, but one thing I am sure of.... Illinois is going to suck this year." "Don't put that on the internet."

I think he said Indiana is going to suck not his own Illinois team

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

I think he said Indiana is going to suck not his own Illinois team

Weber did in fact say Indiana is going to suck.  That is why I said in my comment, it  was a paraphrase of his.... paraphrase a rewording of a statement spoken by another.

Substituting Illinois for Indiana...... now that Illinois is going to suck.   :nansplit:

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Weber did in fact say Indiana is going to suck.  That is why I said in my comment, it  was a paraphrase of his.... paraphrase a rewording of a statement spoken by another.

Substituting Illinois for Indiana...... now that Illinois is going to suck.   :nansplit:

Ah ok. Misread. Not the 1st or the last time!

Archived