Ramsey Named Starting QB

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Per Coach Allen.  "This is not a rotation." "This will be permanent for the foreseeable future."

I like this move and it has nothing really to do with thinking Ramsey is a great QB.  I just think Lagow's inaccuracy and his lack of mobility hurts this team.  You take out the first half against OSU he has been mediocre at best.  If they kept Lagow in against UVA we would be looing at a 1-3 record.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

IMO, its a mistake. He isnt strong enough yet and he can't throw it 20 yards. Stack 8 men in the box if i'm playing IU. Good Luck to him, I hope i'm wrong. So much for Breaking through. Can put that away with The Movement.

The irony is that espn game day would never have come to the Ohio game without Lagow at QB. There are ties there that helped I think. I wonder how much that publicity and income helped the program? Has anyone seen the numbers?

Personally, I really like Peyton Ramsey.. But to me this is not the right decision YET, Ramsey has all the potential in the world but Lagow is more experienced and to me gives the team a better chance to win. Ramsey lacks arm strength and we're yet to see him take a shot but on a couple of throws, as soon as one play rolls around where he has to take a shot deep, it won't end well for us a majority of the time, if Lagow was making the throw it may not end well either but he has the arm strength to get it there and while at times he is inaccurate, he can also at times put it right on the money.

5 minutes ago, Payday said:

The irony is that espn game day would never have come to the Ohio game without Lagow at QB. There are ties there that helped I think. I wonder how much that publicity and income helped the program? Has anyone seen the numbers?

Game day wouldn't have come to IU had they not been playing Ohio St. on a Thursday with no other games for the first game of the year. Period.

55 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Per Coach Allen.  "This is not a rotation." "This will be permanent for the foreseeable future."

I wish he had done that with Lagow and not screwed around. Killed the kids confidence. I close my eyes listening to Coach Allen's presser and see Tom Crean.

1 minute ago, Kodos said:

I think Lagow has proved he will never be careful enough or accurate enough with the ball. Ramsey lacks Lagow's arm strength, but the offense seems to run better with him under center. I say, give him a shot.

If there's any team this season that we might as well start him and find out how he does as a starter, it might as well be Charleston Southern.

5 minutes ago, Kodos said:

I think Lagow has proved he will never be careful enough or accurate enough with the ball. Ramsey lacks Lagow's arm strength, but the offense seems to run better with him under center. I say, give him a shot.

I think Tom Allen wants to run his offense and Ramey is the QB that can do that and the first sign of a struggle by Lagow, Allen was pulling him. Lets see how quick of a hook he has with Ramsey.

Makes sense to me!!~!!!!!! . VERSUS that powerful  Penn State DEFENSE Ramsey accounted for 131 total net yard passing and running and threw one TD PASS !! Lagow only accounted for 87 Total net yards passing and rushing and did NOT COMPLETE A TD PASS!!  Makes ABSOLUTE SENSE( TO ME) to go with your BEST [most productive[ Quarterback !! Go Coach Allen !! Go Hoosiers !!! Crush Charleston Southern !!!!!! PS. If Ramsey stays Healthy , I don't see Lagow coming in except to mop up late in this romp !! The only way Ramsey can get better is by playing !! AGAIN-I think Coach Allen saw the handwriting on the wall ( IU is better with a more mobile QB like Ramsey ) !!

2 minutes ago, KDB said:

One of my main concerns for this move is the Michigan game in two weeks, I don't see us having a chance to win that game unless the more experienced QB is starting that game, which is Lagow.

I will go one further. I don't think we win 3 more games this season with Ramsey at QB.

1 minute ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Makes sense to me!!~!!!!!! . VERSUS that powerful  Penn State DEFENSE Ramsey accounted for 131 total net yard passing and running and threw one TD PASS !! Lagow only accounted for 87 Total net yards passing and rushing and did NOT COMPLETE A TD PASS!!  Makes ABSOLUTE SENSE( TO ME) to go with your BEST [most productive[ Quarterback !! Go Coach Allen !! Go Hoosiers !!! Crush Charleston Southern !!!!!!

And we lost 45-14.

With an o-line and runningback corps that is several steps back from what we've enjoyed in recent seasons, I don't think any QB would have an easy time of it. Especially after we lost Westbrook on the first play of the season. Maybe Randle El could have made this work, but he was an exceptional athlete.

34 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Game day wouldn't have come to IU had they not been playing Ohio St. on a Thursday with no other games for the first game of the year. Period.

You are probably right. I just remember Herb saying he spent time with Lagow. I wonder what the numbers were for the program because that had to be huge for the budget. 

54 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I will go one further. I don't think we win 3 more games this season with Ramsey at QB.

Coming into the season and as of last week, I had us winning 8 games.. If Ramsey starts every game this season, I think 6-6 is probably what i'd give us.. It really depends on how he plays and if we're wrong about him.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Gameday had already set their schedule, had a Saturday game already, and then brought in the equivalent to their national championship game cameras and team. It was a pretty good show.

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I'll go with this.  We might beat Illinois and Rutgers and that's it.  IU has big problems on offense and it starts with the OL and QB.

Charleston Southern should be on that short list too.

But I honestly still think the team is good enough to win 6 games, Charleston Southern, Rutgers, Illinois, and Purdue are all games we're favored in imo.

1 hour ago, KDB said:

One of my main concerns for this move is the Michigan game in two weeks, I don't see us having a chance to win that game unless the more experienced QB is starting that game, which is Lagow.

Just saw a report saying Speight will be out multiple weeks for Michigan. Not sure if that was already known, first time I saw something about it.

Just now, KDB said:

Charleston Southern should be on that short list too.

But I honestly still think the team is good enough to win 6 games, Charleston Southern, Rutgers, Illinois, and Purdue are all games we're favored in imo.

Oh, of course.  I kinda forgot about them.  Silly me.  I don't want this to turn into a Purdue thread, but I've been really impressed with their physicality especially on defense.  I think IU might find it difficult to score points against them especially with the play of IU's OL.

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Oh, of course.  I kinda forgot about them.  Silly me.  I don't want this to turn into a Purdue thread, but I've been really impressed with their physicality especially on defense.  I think IU might find it difficult to score points against them especially with the play of IU's OL.

We could declare the entire line eligible, the way they let people by they should easily be open. Lol.....come on, that is funny and you know it.

Archived