Emily Weiss is next in line

Thanks for the link.  Regarding Lily King as the greatest swimmer in IU history, IMHO should be qualified.  Many great swimmers came before her.  All men.  Mark Spitz for example.  Not to take anything away from Lily.  I think she is great. And continues to set accomplishments.  Just think there should have been a qualifier :  Greatest LADY swimmer in IU history.

Preaching to the choir, Mile.  I was an athletic trainer for most of the non-revenue sports in thr late 60's to early 70's.  Worked many meets including an NCAA S&D Campionship at a then new Royer Pool.  Charlie Hickcox, Gary Hall, Mark Spitz headed that squad.  Some argue that IU could have won the 1972 Olympic's S&D with just their team members.  What a collection of swimmers Doc had!  Fun times!

Go Hoosiers!

20 hours ago, snowling said:

Preaching to the choir, Mile.  I was an athletic trainer for most of the non-revenue sports in thr late 60's to early 70's.  Worked many meets including an NCAA S&D Campionship at a then new Royer Pool.  Charlie Hickcox, Gary Hall, Mark Spitz headed that squad.  Some argue that IU could have won the 1972 Olympic's S&D with just their team members.  What a collection of swimmers Doc had!  Fun times!

Go Hoosiers!

Neat to know about and your willingness to share  your participation in IU sports.  Personally feel, the non revenue sports don't get their just dues. Especially when it comes to swimming.  Swimmers, put in a considerable amount of work in their chosen sport.... and get no where near the recognition the revenue sports do.  Not taking away the work the revenue sports kids offer.... yet just want to acknowledge the work.... that in this case... swimmers put into their chosen sport.

Ah, yes. Royer pool. 

I've got Doc's book. Along side many other books of and about IU, in my study.

And you named off some of IU's greatest of all times.  Lilly will go down in history as well. No doubt, she is great.  And she will fit right in with all of the rest of great IU swimmers.... men and women alike. 

And it is gratifying to me to see IU's swim on the rise to greatness once again.

Lastly.  I love your dedication to all things IU.  And your willingness to continue to share it with the many links you provide for our little IU community, here.

Archived