Virginia Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Damn...that game thread closed b/f I could even say woohoo! Arrow up for Scott. Arrow down for Ramsey. Defense held up overall, which is always good to be able to say for our team. 2-0...I'll take it. 

DJ finishes things quick.  Just ask his wife.  

Just now, Leathernecks said:

This game was an almost must win for our bowl hopes, so it was a good win.  We should hopefully go 3-0 next week, and have a good chance of starting 4-1.  If we can upset MSU at home, we could start 5-0 heading into OSU.  Having said all that, it's IU football, so we'll be lucky to be 3-2 at that point!

Absolutely a must win. I don't know whether to be impressed or depressed that we won without scoring in the second half...

I keep going back to the blatant defensive holding that was not called when we were driving on the first drive of the second half.  We were going to score a TD there.  Instead, we have a FG blocked and had to hang on by our fingernails.  Huge momentum swing that the officials should be called out on.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I keep going back to the blatant defensive holding that was not called when we were driving on the first drive of the second half.  We were going to score a TD there.  Instead, we have a FG blocked and had to hang on by our fingernails.  Huge momentum swing that the officials should be called out on.

This happens 3-4 times a season to IU. I'm numb to it at this point.

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This...totally changed game in my opinion...spot on

Were any of you at the game?

Just curious... I was at the game. All 4 quarters. 

I'm not trying to say "I'm a better fan" or anything like that... 

But, those playing conditions were absolutely horrendous, not sure the TV does it justice. I'm honestly shocked we threw it as well as we did.. Ramsey played really well, so did the WRs. The OL was fantastic and Stevie Scott looks identical to Jordan Howard. 

@Stlboiler23 have you seen enough of D Hale yet?

Would've liked to see us get the ball more to Whop, but I get it with the weather. 

Also I loved the play calling and the willingness to test them 1 on 1 on the outside with our size. I was thrilled to see us punt and pin them so many times twice inside the 10 and two more times inside the 20. Basically to drive 80+ yards in this weather was next to impossible. 

Archived