Virginia Postgame Thread

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Were any of you at the game?

Just curious... I was at the game. All 4 quarters. 

I'm not trying to say "I'm a better fan" or anything like that... 

But, those playing conditions were absolutely horrendous, not sure the TV does it justice. I'm honestly shocked we threw it as well as we did.. Ramsey played really well, so did the WRs. The OL was fantastic and Stevie Scott looks identical to Jordan Howard. 

@Stlboiler23 have you seen enough of D Hale yet?

Would've liked to see us get the ball more to Whop, but I get it with the weather. 

Didn’t watch the game lol. 

50 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But, those playing conditions were absolutely horrendous, not sure the TV does it justice. I'm honestly shocked we threw it as well as we did.. Ramsey played really well, so did the WRs. The OL was fantastic and Stevie Scott looks identical to Jordan Howard. 

Would've liked to see us get the ball more to Whop, but I get it with the weather. 

There for every play.  Good rain suit but need to work on shoe protection for future monsoon games!

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Thanks for posting this.  I started to go off on a play calling rant, but I stopped for exactly the reason you stated.  I'm watching on tv...not there trying to handle a slippery wet ball much less throw it...catch it...run with it.  IU won on a rotten night...and yeah it wasn't fun to watch, but our guys busted their butts and hung in and made plays...and won.  Good job guys.

9 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Also I am wondering do we get a Ball St team coming off the high of playing at ND and are ready to bring it, or a team that is lethargic after playing in South Bend for the first time?  I thought Ball St looked solid yesterday on the road in a tough atmosphere.

One thing is for sure......they ain't gonna be intimidated.

17 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I watched the ND/BS game and I will say I liked the BS QB better than Wimbush for ND. I felt like ND played lethargic all game and throw in HC Brian Kelley and anything can happen.

I think this will be a good test for IU and hope for some good weather!

85 and sunny for next Saturday.

9 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

There for every play.  Good rain suit but need to work on shoe protection for future monsoon games!

I was there for the whole thing, too. I just wore normal socks with cheap rain boots and pants over the top. I just have a cheap rain suit so I doubled up the pants and didn't have much trouble. 

Conditions were awful. I'm surprised there weren't more fumbles. 

Not sure if everyone knows, but it had rained all day, most of the night before, and a lot of Friday. Everything was completely soaked. 

The audio was terrible on BTN last night, but they should send J. Lehman to work all of IU's BTN games.

Once again, spot on thoughts and comments from him throughout the game. 

It's good to know there's a chance to find the in game commentary on TV worthwhile when my radio craps out, and I can't hear Fisch like last night. 

1 hour ago, jblaz13 said:

The audio was terrible on BTN last night, but they should send J. Lehman to work all of IU's BTN games.

Once again, spot on thoughts and comments from him throughout the game. 

It's good to know there's a chance to find the in game commentary on TV worthwhile when my radio craps out, and I can't hear Fisch like last night. 

You like him!?.. I cannot stand listening to him. Differing opinions make the world go round. 

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You like him!?.. I cannot stand listening to him. Differing opinions make the world go round. 

Haha yes!  Big fan actually and I agree about opinions.  He says enough to show he does more homework on IU than a large part of their staff I've heard comment on Indiana games in the past That goes more for his insight on the football being played than familiarity with his game notes. He' gets a little sloppy referring to those sometimes, but my own presentation often undermines my quality so I can't judge. :D

I've actually exchanged a few brief comments with him on BTN's facebook before.  "Making time for the nobodies" was just icing on the cake. Lol 

Archived