College Football (Not Big Ten)

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Has ND? Crazier is they have gotten to the playoffs and NC game a couple times without doing it. There are a lot of big name programs down on their luck. USC, Tennessee, Miami, Nebraska, Michigan, Colorado, Virginia Tech so many good programs that haven't won a big game in a long time or really been relevant. Those programs 20-30 years ago dominated the college landscape....a lot has changed.

So are you saying  you are an SEC fan?

27 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

like any BIG team not named OSU has done any better

Why are we comparing ND to the B1G? The B1G is typically a disappointment year after year with the exception of OSU. ND just doesn't perform in big games anymore. They need this game against Georgia but I think the penalties just kills any momentum they get. I'd say ND and Michigan are about on the same level....good against avg competition but mediocre to poor against good competition. I will say this is the worst running ND team that I have seen in forever. They can't run the ball and it will kill them more than once this year...especially tonight.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Why are we comparing ND to the B1G? The B1G is typically a disappointment year after year with the exception of OSU. ND just doesn't perform in big games anymore. They need this game against Georgia but I think the penalties just kills any momentum they get. I'd say ND and Michigan are about on the same level....good against avg competition but mediocre to poor against good competition. I will say this is the worst running ND team that I have seen in forever. They can't run the ball and it will kill them more than once this year...especially tonight.

You are the one trying to diminish me with the COAT comment, I tried to be an IU football fan. lee Corso ended it when on his after game show he stated Quinn should give up on basketball and focus on football?? 

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

You are the one trying to diminish me with the COAT comment, I tried to be an IU football fan. lee Corso ended it when on his after game show he stated Quinn should give up on basketball and focus on football?? 

I've never made a coat comment ever...I think you've mixed me up with someone else. Unless you are talking about the Georgia coat thing I just talked about. I could care less about Corso...he is about the most annoying personality ever...and I'm sure an even poorer coach. I root for all Indiana teams as long as they aren't playing IU. It's just ND is a tease and PU and IU have basically been irrelevant forever.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I've never made a coat comment ever...I think you've mixed me up with someone else. Unless you are talking about the Georgia coat thing I just talked about. I could care less about Corso...he is about the most annoying personality ever...and I'm sure an even poorer coach. I root for all Indiana teams as long as they aren't playing IU. It's just ND is a tease and PU and IU have basically been irrelevant forever.

So, you are admitting I'm NOT a turn coat!

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

!!!!!What the heck are you talking about?? Just nevermind...I have no idea what you are even talking about.

You are correct, I was reacting to  another post. My apologies! You have no idea what it is like to be a college football fan living in the obviously SEC land!!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Two shanked punts and a dropped punt kept ND in it...but they need to be able to run the ball and be balanced...saw at the end Georgia was able to sit on routes and it also caused ND's defense to be on the field too long.

This was a pretty evenly matched game.  You could easily say that ND's penalties are what kept them from winning.  First half was ND's; second half was Georgia's.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Two shanked punts and a dropped punt kept ND in it...but they need to be able to run the ball and be balanced...saw at the end Georgia was able to sit on routes and it also caused ND's defense to be on the field too long. ND lost it's OL coach...you can see the difference.

Whoa.  Running aside, the Dawgs had one gift INT and one fabulous(lucky) INT.  The Dawgs also had one miraculous TD catch.  The Irish were with UGA until the clock expired on their field.

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Two shanked punts and a dropped punt kept ND in it...but they need to be able to run the ball and be balanced...saw at the end Georgia was able to sit on routes and it also caused ND's defense to be on the field too long. ND lost it's OL coach...you can see the difference.

ND was a 14.5 undedrdog! 

Your observations I would say are suspect@

Exciting day of college football. Crazy finish when Cal beat Ole Miss. Not sure why the next to final play wasn't reviewed but Ole Miss is crying this morning about Pac 12 officials. Speaking of Pac 12...UCLA down 32 in 3rd quarter came back and beat Washington St. Pitt came back and snapped UCF's long winning streak.

Good game for the Irish. At least they didn't get stomped like in some other games, NC game for instance. Hung with the Dawgs even in a hostile environment. I will say Georgia did not look like a #3 team to me.

In regards to the jacket, I was the one that mentioned the reversible jacket. As others have said, I also follow IU BBall and ND FBall. I do follow the Hoosiers football games when on TV.

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Good game for the Irish. At least they didn't get stomped like in some other games, NC game for instance. Hung with the Dawgs even in a hostile environment. I will say Georgia did not look like a #3 team to me.

In regards to the jacket, I was the one that mentioned the reversible jacket. As others have said, I also follow IU BBall and ND FBall. I do follow the Hoosiers football games when on TV.

In my neck of the woods Notre Dame backers are plentiful...a majority of them are IU basketball fans.

Archived