College Football (Not Big Ten)

2 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Good for him.  As college football fans,  we get to see better nonconference matchups. Losing on a hail mary against Auburn sucks, but at least he has the stones to face tough competition. 

Just think, they could've scheduled, off the top of my head, Duke in Seattle for a fair neutral site game instead of Auburn. They would've smoked them and made the playoff.  Glad he has more competitive spirit in him.

It's in his Canes blood. Kind of the anywhere, anyplace, anytime mentality. Plenty of folks in South Florida this morning asking why they didn't hire an alumni with statewide connections for recruiting when they had the chance to fire Al Golden and hire him. 

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp.  Colorado State got their man. To replace Bobo.

Steve Addazio ! Who once walked the sidelines at Memorial Stadium as offensive co-ordinator. And... get this... was just fired by Boston College.

Come on man.  You've got a brand new $225 million dollar stadium. And you can't do better than Addazio to fill the stadium ?

Give me another Coors

CSU Rams' choice of Steve Addazio as football coach won't sell tickets

Ed McCaffrey.  You know him.  13 years in the NFL. 9 with the Denver Broncos. Father of several stand out sons that have played D-1 football.  Is moving up in the ranks. From high school coach in Colorado. To the head coach of the University of Northern Colorado.

The University of Northern Colorado names Ed McCaffrey as head football coach 

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Steve Addazio ! Who once walked the sidelines at Memorial Stadium as offensive co-ordinator. And... get this... was just fired by Boston College.

Come on man.  You've got a brand new $225 million dollar stadium. And you can't do better than Addazio to fill the stadium ?

Give me another Coors

6 bowls in 7 years?

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Ed McCaffrey.  You know him.  13 years in the NFL. 9 with the Denver Broncos. Father of several stand out sons that have played D-1 football.  Is moving up in the ranks. From high school coach in Colorado. To the head coach of the University of Northern Colorado.

The University of Northern Colorado names Ed McCaffrey as head football coach 

That's one to keep your eye on.  Have a feeling he'll move through the ranks relatively quickly. 

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Something tells me Ed will be coaching on Sundays.

I'd say in a few years, he'll have his choice between Saturday late afternoons/evenings and Sunday afternoons....depends on which he likes more.  Dude knows the game and is as sharp as they come. 

Also, given the genetics of that family, someone put a reminder on Allen's calendar in 10 years to see if Ed has any grandsons born yet.  (Yep, going Lane Kiffin/Billy Gillespie on this one...)

17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Give me another Coors

This was all Urban Meyer's doing. Addazio and he were long time friends. Probably the reason 2 other Ohio St guys were mentioned in search. Going to be funny when it leaks out that Urban's son in law is new QB coach at Colorado St.

Archived