College Football (Not Big Ten)

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Saw that Mike Leach is going to Mississippi St.

I've wanted Leach in Bloomington going on prior to his Texas Tech days. He and Kiffin in the same state? SEC West will be even more fun. I won't go crazy on predictions because no matter who Miss St hires they aren't beating the powers but sure will be more fun for them and their fans. 

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've wanted Leach in Bloomington going on prior to his Texas Tech days. He and Kiffin in the same state? SEC West will be even more fun. I won't go crazy on predictions because no matter who Miss St hires they aren't beating the powers but sure will be more fun for them and their fans. 

I think the main thing with Missy St. fans is to come to grips with is they are not going to compete for NC's.  7-5 and 8-4 should be their bar and just maybe every once in awhile get to 9-3 or 10-2.  But I am sure they will be excited about the style Leach brings.

22 minutes ago, rico said:

I think the main thing with Missy St. fans is to come to grips with is they are not going to compete for NC's.  7-5 and 8-4 should be their bar and just maybe every once in awhile get to 9-3 or 10-2.  But I am sure they will be excited about the style Leach brings.

Good analysis.  I know several State fans, and they would be happy to beat Ole Miss, and chant S-E-C for the rest of the season. They are very excited about Leach, and sports radio is going nuts about the future interviews and press conferences with him.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Good analysis.  I know several State fans, and they would be happy to beat Ole Miss, and chant S-E-C for the rest of the season. They are very excited about Leach, and sports radio is going nuts about the future interviews and press conferences with him.

I am sure that their fans are excited...

On 1/10/2020 at 9:06 AM, rico said:

Translation: They're the Indiana of the SEC. Beat your rival, be a tough out/occasionally maybe beat one of the powers, get to a bowl....successful season.

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm really having a hard time seeing how anyone who watches football wouldn't make Burrow #1 this year and obviously Lawrence the following. Phenomenal QB play on display tonight.

Well, the "nay-sayers" out there would say that Burrow is a "one year wonder."

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Joe Burrow just turned in the best college season ever. 

His team beat: 

2- Clemson

4- Georgia 

6- UF 

7- Oklahoma 

8- Bama 

14- Auburn 

25- Texas 

And did it all with (for the most part) ease. I'm not saying they are 2001 Miami because their defense gave up so many yards too.....but this year LSU team is certainly going to be high on the list of one of the best ever. 

Regarding next year. Clemson has to be early favorite with Bama, LSU, and Ohio St and wouldn't surprise me to see Clemson/Ohio St title. PS...Clemson travels to Notre Dame next year in early November.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And did it all with (for the most part) ease. I'm not saying they are 2001 Miami because their defense gave up so many yards too.....but this year LSU team is certainly going to be high on the list of one of the best ever. 

Regarding next year. Clemson has to be early favorite with Bama, LSU, and Ohio St and wouldn't surprise me to see Clemson/Ohio St title. PS...Clemson travels to Notre Dame next year in early November.

Good I hope they beat ND by 1,000.

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Joe Burrow just turned in the best college season ever. 

His team beat: 

2- Clemson

4- Georgia 

6- UF 

7- Oklahoma 

8- Bama 

14- Auburn 

25- Texas 

And with half those games, "beat" is an understatement. They mercilessly destroyed half of them.

Archived