College Football (Not Big Ten)

On 10/5/2018 at 9:39 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Petrino’s buyout is huge. Don’t see them making a move this year. 

The one thing I can appreciate about Louisville and their fans/university. $ doesn't mean a thing to them. They will spend and Petrino keeps getting his a#& handed to him each week....I wouldn't call it a shock if they throw every $ they have at Brohm.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The one thing I can appreciate about Louisville and their fans/university. $ doesn't mean a thing to them. They will spend and Petrino keeps getting his a#& handed to him each week....I wouldn't call it a shock if they throw every $ they have at Brohm.

I would imagine that Brohm is on some big time programs' "watch list".  And I consider going to Louisville from Purdue a lateral move.  Now the question is what big programs are going to have openings shortly?  

Just now, rico said:

I would imagine that Brohm is on some big time programs' "watch list".  And I consider going to Louisville from Purdue a lateral move.  Now the question is what big programs are going to have openings shortly?  

At first glance Louisville probably is the biggest job that would be open. Of course you can always count on a couple of SEC jobs opening whether justified or not. 

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

At first glance Louisville probably is the biggest job that would be open. Of course you can always count on a couple of SEC jobs opening whether justified or not. 

No, Boiler knew what he was talking about.......

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/2/17921446/fire-bobby-petrino-buyout-louisville-contract

1 minute ago, rico said:

Yep. Everyone knows the buyout. It was shocking when they gave him that type of contract. With that said...Louisville will come after Brohm whether it's this year or next or the year after. Just a matter of time.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Everyone knows the buyout. It was shocking when they gave him that type of contract. With that said...Louisville will come after Brohm whether it's this year or next or the year after. Just a matter of time.

Unless Brohm is somewhere else by then?  Hard to predict who will get the axe after the season, just like it is hard to predict which college coaches might jump to the NFL.

22 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Are we just assuming big-name programs will still be after Brohm two months from now? Purdue is 2-3 right now, you know.

Well we will have to see how the rest of the season plays out.....but big-names were looking at him before Purdue got him.

39 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Are we just assuming big-name programs will still be after Brohm two months from now? Purdue is 2-3 right now, you know.

And Nick Saban had seasons of 5,6,5, and 6 losses at Michigan St in 4 of his 5 years. Sometimes a coach just needs a bigger platform. Kind of like Archie and us. I think Brohm is a really good football coach and mind. Just needs a bigger stage than Purdue can offer. Is that Louisville? No clue...but I do know someone will come calling every single season he's at Purdue.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And Nick Saban had seasons of 5,6,5, and 6 losses at Michigan St in 4 of his 5 years. Sometimes a coach just needs a bigger platform. Kind of like Archie and us. I think Brohm is a really good football coach and mind. Just needs a bigger stage than Purdue can offer. Is that Louisville? No clue...but I do know someone will come calling every single season he's at Purdue.

Interesting you mentioned Saban.........Brohm declined the OC job at Bama.  Saban wanted him.  That speaks volumes.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

How do you know he needs a bigger stage? I feel like he has a pretty good setup in the West where he has a good chance to make the B1G Championship game. Would he aspire for more? Possibly but that’s a pretty solid gig he has right now. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

How do you know he needs a bigger stage? I feel like he has a pretty good setup in the West where he has a good chance to make the B1G Championship game. Would he aspire for more? Possibly but that’s a pretty solid gig he has right now. 

I would agree to that to as it stands right now.  If would stay away from the SEC if I were him.  Louisville might pay but they are in tough division in the ACC.  Big 12 Nada......Oklahoma, Okie St, WVU, etc.  I think he is best where he is at........unless a Pac-12 school comes calling.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I would agree to that to as it stands right now.  If would stay away from the SEC if I were him.  Louisville might pay but they are in tough division in the ACC.  Big 12 Nada......Oklahoma, Okie St, WVU, etc.  I think he is best where he is at........unless a Pac-12 school comes calling.

PAC-12 would surprise me as he’s always been a Midwest guy. Not saying it can’t halpen but it would surprise me for him to make that kind of move. 

On 10/9/2018 at 2:20 PM, iuthruandthru said:

Anyone else hearing rumors of cheating coming out of ND?  Supposedly includes Book as part of the rumors floating around.

Sorry, just saw this.  The way I heard it was Book is having academic issues and might be suspended.  But he was named the starting QB for today.

Here is another ND story.........

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/notre-dames-quest-to-its-first-college-football-playoff-must-overcome-one-big-asterisk/

Archived