College Football (Not Big Ten)

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If you get a chance. Find the texts that Mike Leach sent to some Pac 12 officials/administration,etc.....love that he doesn't back down every. Would love to see him in the Big 10....or even better would be in the SEC. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25029626/mike-leach-washington-state-sent-fiery-text-messages-pac-12-officials

If there was any doubt that conferences protect their perceived best/better teams, this pretty much, at least in my mind, wipes it out.

2 hours ago, rico said:

They want to let each conference decide how much players in their conference can get?  That seems like the worst idea I've ever heard.  Would you like to play SEC football and make $100,000 or play ACC football and make $20,000?  Power 5 conferences would have an even greater advantage than they already have.

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Louisville gets waxed by Wake.

Petrino on his way to a 2-10 season.

Purdue better back up the Brinks truck if they want any shot at keeping Brohm.

If they lose him, I don’t think it’d be because of money unless a blueblood comes caking with something like $7 or $8 million a year. 

14 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If they lose him, I don’t think it’d be because of money unless a blueblood comes caking with something like $7 or $8 million a year. 

Never underestimate the value of what heading back home means. I agree to an extent that this won't be a $ decision....but a personal one. I can't imagine Brohm turning down the hometown gig if it opened. 

13 hours ago, rico said:

And Auburn says hello.

And this is just me having fun with useless speculation but if there's ever a time for a school to hire Lane Kiffin again this would be it. Can you imagine Kiffin at Auburn going against Saban/Bama on the recruiting trail every day of the year. The state would blow up. 

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Never underestimate the value of what heading back home means. I agree to an extent that this won't be a $ decision....but a personal one. I can't imagine Brohm turning down the hometown gig if it opened. 

True, but we aren't inside his head.  To me the timing is just off as well.  

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And this is just me having fun with useless speculation but if there's ever a time for a school to hire Lane Kiffin again this would be it. Can you imagine Kiffin at Auburn going against Saban/Bama on the recruiting trail every day of the year. The state would blow up. 

I thought Lane was a HC somewhere?

18 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Louisville gets waxed by Wake.

Petrino on his way to a 2-10 season.

Purdue better back up the Brinks truck if they want any shot at keeping Brohm.

You are correct, they will need to back up the truck. But he won’t leave for Louisville. His next stop is to a major program at the level of a top ten type program. 

13 minutes ago, Payday said:

The best available coach, in my opinion because i watched him recruit good kids and was not given the last year he needed, is Charlie Strong. If a big ten school brought him in he would make them a powerhouse. He recruits very well.

I would take him in a heart beat.  But I think Brohm is the rising star.

8 hours ago, rico said:

I would take him in a heart beat.  But I think Brohm is the rising star.

I guarantee you i would take him, and you are right about Brohm. I was sitting at a table talking to Cam Cameron a few months back ( not name dropping because he would likely not know who i am now) and we talked about the IU coaching and issues. When i suggested he should have received a call he seemed to cringe a little. Lol. So i think that we will have to go after a rising star if a change is made. 

12 minutes ago, Payday said:

I guarantee you i would take him, and you are right about Brohm. I was sitting at a table talking to Cam Cameron a few months back ( not name dropping because he would likely not know who i am now) and we talked about the IU coaching and issues. When i suggested he should have received a call he seemed to cringe a little. Lol. So i think that we will have to go after a rising star if a change is made. 

I think Cam would come......unless there is another NFL gig in the works for him.

Archived