College Football (Not Big Ten)

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Now 28-14 Georgia in the 3ed quarter

There are some severe storms in my viewing area in Illinois, so they've been on storm coverage for the last hour and a half.  Important obviously, but its over 100 miles from where I live, so the timing of it is a little annoying.

I still have a bad feeling that Alabama will find a way into the playoff even if they lose.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

There are some severe storms in my viewing area in Illinois, so they've been on storm coverage for the last hour and a half.  Important obviously, but its over 100 miles from where I live, so the timing of it is a little annoying.

I still have a bad feeling that Alabama will find a way into the playoff even if they lose.

If that happens, could they knock the Irish out of the playoffs??

53 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

If that happens, could they knock the Irish out of the playoffs??

I'm guessing it would be ND, Georgia, Bama, and Clemson. The only way I see Bama missing out is if Georgia really pulls away and wins by 2-3 scores and OSU blows out Northwestern. Otherwise I think it's pretty set at this point unfortunately.

I know for some they'll say Georgia deserves to be in. Sorry. They don't. I know for others they'll say Ohio St deserves to be in. Sorry...29 point loss vs Purdue is worse than Oklahoma's loss by 3 to Texas. It's just that simple. 

If I were ranking it would go Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma, ND. ND is undefeated. Good for them but Bama (if this plays out) will beat them by 30+

That's the great thing about this debate. We all can be right or wrong. There's no clear cut winner. To me it still comes down to Ohio St and Oklahoma. Georgia while they very well might be one of the 4 best....doesn't deserve to get in over OU or OSU. They have 2 losses. Others won their conference championships. That has to mean something. Now if Ohio St gets in over Oklahoma....I expect Lincoln Riley to combust  and take the Packers job after this year.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

That's the great thing about this debate. We all can be right or wrong. There's no clear cut winner. To me it still comes down to Ohio St and Oklahoma. Georgia while they very well might be one of the 4 best....doesn't deserve to get in over OU or OSU. They have 2 losses. Others won their conference championships. That has to mean something. Now if Ohio St gets in over Oklahoma....I expect Lincoln Riley to combust  and take the Packers job after this year.

Packer job?  You forgot about the Browns.

1 hour ago, rico said:

They got waxed on the road by Purdue.  OU's one loss was by 3 on a neutral field to their arch rival.  A loss they avenged yesterday.  

And yet, there is a team that has gone undefeated two years running and won’t have a chance to show whether they deserve to be in the playoffs. I detest the college football playoff system as it stands. Let at least 8 teams in and prove it on the field

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

And yet, there is a team that has gone undefeated two years running and won’t have a chance to show whether they deserve to be in the playoffs. I detest the college football playoff system as it stands. Let at least 8 teams in and prove it on the field

Yes, UCF deserves to be there.

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

UCF will start to get respect if they beat an SEC school in a New Year’s Six bowl. Yes they beat Auburn last year. But they had packed it in after losing the SEC Championship

So, they did what you asked them to do, but make excuses for Auburn.

We can hypothesize all day, but it’s all subjective. Put them in the playoffs and let them prove on the field whether they belong or not 

Archived