College Football (Not Big Ten)

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, they did what you asked them to do, but make excuses for Auburn.

We can hypothesize all day, but it’s all subjective. Put them in the playoffs and let them prove on the field whether they belong or not 

That’s not an excuse for Auburn. They lost the football game. But they were playing for a consolation prize. No other way to put it. UCF will play another SEC school in this New Year’s Six. If they win this time, then they’ll get respect

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

That’s not an excuse for Auburn. They lost the football game. But they were playing for a consolation prize. No other way to put it. UCF will play another SEC school in this New Year’s Six. If they win this time, then they’ll get respect

Was that your opinion before that game? That Auburn had packed it in? Or are you just agreeing with the media after the fact? That no way is UCF good enough.?They don’t fit the commitee’s model?

42 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, they did what you asked them to do, but make excuses for Auburn.

We can hypothesize all day, but it’s all subjective. Put them in the playoffs and let them prove on the field whether they belong or not 

This is really the only way to know for sure.  They are in the position of not being able to schedule potential playoff teams in non con games because they are too risky but the committee wont put them in the playoffs either.  What are they supposed to do?

So what if they get blown out.  ND and whoever isnt clemson or Alabama probably will too.   And we get yet another alabama clemson game. They deserve a shot.

And if its about money I would guess a UCF game would bring in more revenue than an ohio state.  They would be the ultimate underdog and everyone would be watching.

16 hours ago, hoopsta007 said:

Let’s just stop calling it a national championship and start calling it a power five championship.  UCF may not truly be 1 of the top 4 but it is ridiculous for a team to go 2 years without losing a game and have no chance at a title

I wouldn't even call it a "Power 5" championship.  And yes, UCF should be in the CFP.

I'll echo what Dinardo said on Big 10 network. For weeks now the entire conversation has been if Georgia beats Bama they both get in. Essentially not even discussing the Big 10, Big 12 or Pac whatever. What system can say it's working well when 60% of the P5 conferences aren't being discussed. 

No clue how the Big 10 can adjust things to get in each year....but for our conference champ to not be involved for 3rd year in a row means we need to fix something. Or is it just as simple as our conf champ has to go undefeated because a 2 loss SEC is always better?

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll echo what Dinardo said on Big 10 network. For weeks now the entire conversation has been if Georgia beats Bama they both get in. Essentially not even discussing the Big 10, Big 12 or Pac whatever. What system can say it's working well when 60% of the P5 conferences aren't being discussed. 

No clue how the Big 10 can adjust things to get in each year....but for our conference champ to not be involved for 3rd year in a row means we need to fix something. Or is it just as simple as our conf champ has to go undefeated because a 2 loss SEC is always better?

Notre Dame is always a "kicker".  And to be honest I am a tad sad that UGA got beat.  Had they won, I think there would have been an outcry to expand the CFP.  Which is what needs to happen.  

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is partly the result of having such unbalanced divisions in the B1G.  Had that been Penn St or Michigan that OSU beat Saturday they would’ve had a better shot of jumping Oklahoma.

30 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

This is partly the result of having such unbalanced divisions in the B1G.  Had that been Penn St or Michigan that OSU beat Saturday they would’ve had a better shot of jumping Oklahoma.

Agreed. And I'd add the 9th conference game is a huge disadvantage to the conferences that play them as well.  Strategically scheduling the Citadels and Woffords to create an additional bye week prior to big games greatly improves schedule success. Not to beat a dead horse, but as long as ESPN gets to exert their extreme influence on rankings and public perception to protect their business interest (SEC), things won't change.  Why would they? Seriously,  did anyone hear this scheduling point discussed even once? Surely not on ESPN. How about by the committee chair? Bet not.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I wouldn't even call it a "Power 5" championship.  And yes, UCF should be in the CFP.

I think UCF should be in the discussion.  Only 1 top 25 win. If u want the national respect you have to really boost non conference schedule. 

I also understand a lot of teams dont want to play them it's a lose lose proposition 

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think UCF should be in the discussion.  Only 1 top 25 win. If u want the national respect you have to really boost non conference schedule. 

I also understand a lot of teams dont want to play them it's a lose lose proposition 

Absolutely agree, although losing their QB hurts their argument. Just like with Boise State, love to see how they stack up in their best years.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Absolutely agree, although losing their QB hurts their argument. Just like with Boise State, love to see how they stack up in their best years.

I cant say that they are 1 of the 4 best teams I just don't know.  I would love to see top 8 outside of that I cant imagine #9 being good enough to win 3 in a row against top notch quality.  You are right  

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I cant say that they are 1 of the 4 best teams I just don't know.  I would love to see top 8 outside of that I cant imagine #9 being good enough to win 3 in a row against top notch quality.  You are right  

For sure. Like the NCAA tournament,  that's why you play the games. It took Boise beating Oklahoma to earn respect in some people's eyes. Would have loved to see Kellen Moore's best team at Boise get a chance to compete.  Have 5 Power champions with three at large. Make sure 1 goes to any team like CFU that goes undefeated, and no more than 2 from any conference (Hear that SEC!)

3 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

For sure. Like the NCAA tournament,  that's why you play the games. It took Boise beating Oklahoma to earn respect in some people's eyes. Would have loved to see Kellen Moore's best team at Boise get a chance to compete.  Have 5 Power champions with three at large. Make sure 1 goes to any team like CFU that goes undefeated, and no more than 2 from any conference (Hear that SEC!)

That makes too much sense for them to actually consider.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived