College Football (Not Big Ten)

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And apparently the ACC is the worst conference in football too. 

Notre Dame has looked mediocre to me this year. They should win this game easily but because they can’t dominate the LOS they can’t run the ball and stay ahead of the sticks. I give their defense credit for sticking with Georgia last week but even that was a pretty vanilla Dawg offense game plan by Kirby. Don’t think we will see either of the two in the playoffs. I’d love ND to prove me wrong but they just don’t have those all pro linemen like they’ve had the last few years and that is where games are lost and won against the elite teams.

5 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Think the U will get them Seeking ? -  Without looking at their schedule to be certain they actually play each other. 

I think Miami wins out until they play Clemson in Charlotte. We aren't there yet. Won't be for 1 more recruiting class but Miami will challenge Clemson by 2021

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Mike Leach with an interesting description of his players after their game last night. Fat, dumb, happy, and entitled were just a few of the words he used. So rare. Most coaches don't have the stones to say anything like this in public. 

It will be interesting to see how Wazzu fares the rest of the year.

34 minutes ago, rico said:

Great find. As long as Saban is at Bama, doubt it will change. They have too much power and influence right now. I will say, the natives are restless, and tired of paying to watch crap non conference games in the heat, only to have your attendance insulted by Saban publicly.

If they get drummed again by Clemson, or don't make the championship,  there will be increased noise from the Bama faithful. 

2 hours ago, rico said:

That's awesome...and would work in the B1G as well. I'd love to see that.

Pods:

Indiana-Purdue, Illinois, Ohio St.

Purdue-Indiana, Northwestern, Michigan St.

Ohio ST,-Indiana, Michigan, Penn St.

Penn St.-Ohio St., Rutgers, Maryland

Maryland-Penn St., Rutgers, Michigan St.

Rutgers- Michigan, Penn St., Maryland 

Michigan-Ohio St, Michigan St., Rutgers

Michigan St.-Michigan, Maryland, Purdue

Northwestern-Purdue, Illinois, Iowa

Illinois- Northwestern, Indiana, Iowa

Iowa-Northwestern, Illinois, Nebraska

Nebraska-Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota

Minnesota-Wisconsin, Nebraska,

Wisconsin-Minnesota, Nebraska,

Edit...I can't quite figure out how he did this with 14 teams..14 isn't divisable by 3 so someone could help me but anyways I like that better as with the SEC...the B1G is not balanced schedule wise MOST years.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Pods:

Indiana-Purdue, Illinois, Ohio St.

Purdue-Indiana, Northwestern, Michigan St.

Ohio ST,-Indiana, Michigan, Penn St.

Penn St.-Ohio St., Rutgers, Maryland

Maryland-Penn St., Rutgers, Michigan St.

Rutgers- Michigan, Penn St., Maryland 

Michigan-Ohio St, Michigan St., Rutgers

Michigan St.-Michigan, Maryland, Purdue

Northwestern-Purdue, Illinois, Iowa

Illinois- Northwestern, Indiana, Iowa

Iowa-Northwestern, Illinois, Nebraska

Nebraska-Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota

Minnesota-Wisconsin, Nebraska,

Wisconsin-Minnesota, Nebraska,

Edit...I can't quite figure out how he did this with 14 teams..14 isn't divisable by 3 so someone could help me but anyways I like that better as with the SEC...the B1G is not balanced schedule wise MOST years.

I ain't figured the math out myself, but remember the SEC only plays an 8 game conference schedule...

56 minutes ago, rico said:

I ain't figured the math out myself, but remember the SEC only plays an 8 game conference schedule...

Well that shouldn’t effect it...that just means 5 non pod games instead of 6...but I don’t know where he is able to have each team having 3 rival games every year when there is 14 league teams. Oh well back to the drawing board.

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Pods:

Indiana-Purdue, Illinois, Ohio St., Maryland

Purdue-Indiana, Northwestern, Michigan St., Penn State

Ohio ST,-Indiana, Michigan, Penn St., Rutgers

Penn St.-Ohio St., Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue

Maryland-Penn St., Rutgers, Michigan St.,Indiana

Rutgers- Michigan, Penn St., Maryland, Ohio St 

Michigan-Ohio St, Michigan St., Rutgers, Minnesota

Michigan St.-Michigan, Maryland, Purdue, Wisconsin

Northwestern-Purdue, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota 

Illinois- Northwestern, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska

Iowa-Northwestern, Illinois, Nebraska, Wisconsin

Nebraska-Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois

Minnesota-Wisconsin, Nebraska,Michigan, Northwestern

Wisconsin-Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan St.

Ok...I edited it. 4 rival games and still leaves 5 conference games against the same teams 2yrs home and home. It would have an overlap of 1 team home and home in the 4 yr period but that could rotate around it would seem. That would eliminate divisions and balance things a bit imo...and we play everybody more often. Does it look about right? I think it evens out pretty good with two winnable for every team and two tough games...except maybe Minnesota...they get it a little tougher lol.

Archived