College Football (Not Big Ten)

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Let's keep in mind here that Navy is ranked...their one loss coming to a pretty good Memphis team.  The Irish are in for a battle today.  Seeing as how my Dad is a USN veteran...Go Navy!!!!!

Didn't know they cracked the top 25. Good for them! Why this game isn't a sellout is beyond me. Should be a good game!

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Didn't know they cracked the top 25. Good for them! Why this game isn't a sellout is beyond me. Should be a good game!

Quoting myself but I just figured out..maybe all the IU fans finally moved back over to support our football team....our support has been the only thing keeping ND football afloat lol!!!!

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I was thinking I heard this was the first time in like 40 some years that these teams will meet when both are ranked.  I just don't think Navy brings fans to these venues.

Tua carted off field in Bama game. Not sure if hip or ankle but that looked like the last time we'll see him playing college football. Up 35-7 given an injury earlier in the game I'm sure folks will ask why was he still in?

CFP might get bailed out. They factor in injuries for teams....meaning if Tua can't go they could downgrade Bama from here on out.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tua carted off field in Bama game. Not sure if hip or ankle but that looked like the last time we'll see him playing college football. Up 35-7 given an injury earlier in the game I'm sure folks will ask why was he still in?

CFP might get bailed out. They factor in injuries for teams....meaning if Tua can't go they could downgrade Bama from here on out.

Brainless on Saban's part to play him. Guess they figured they needed to run up the score due to play Western Carolina next week.  They were gonna drop due to schedule, now they're done. Feel sorry for the kid.

3 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Brainless on Saban's part to play him. Guess they figured they needed to run up the score due to play Western Carolina next week.  They were gonna drop due to schedule, now they're done. Feel sorry for the kid.

What is the word on the kid?

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

It is sounding like the Tua injury is really bad.  Some early things are saying recovery could be at least a year.

My post isn't about the injury or the player or anything else related to today.....but if I'm a NFL GM I'd gladly spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year on this kid. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My post isn't about the injury or the player or anything else related to today.....but if I'm a NFL GM I'd gladly spend a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year on this kid. 

Ummm some services project him as the #1 overall pick next year.

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Espn radio, not sure who they were said aboit an hour ago, this may be the same injury that finished bo Jackson's career.  Any actual confirmation or just speculation? 

From what I've been able to gather, the problem with Bo Jackson's injury is that there was a disruption of blood flow to the area which is called avascular necrosis.  It causes the bones to weaken which is what caused Jackson's retirement.  It sounds like one of the biggest things to prevent that from happening is getting the hip back in place quickly, and precisely so nothing more gets damaged.  From what I read, it isn't likely to show up for a month or two, so it is probably hard to tell at this point.

4 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I don't understand the rankings. The Irish go to Duke and beat up on them and drops a spot. Next, they destroy a ranked Navy team and still no movement?

Crazy......

Who should they be ranked over? They literally squeaked by VT.. I was there. They're not impressive. 

So with #1 getting to choose where they go....Fiesta or Peach (Atlanta) it will be very, very interesting. If your LSU and you get #1 but you might face #4 Georgia...wouldn't you head to Fiesta? Same could be said for Ohio St. Would you play #4 in Atlanta or just head West. Interesting wrinkle is all I thought. People say #1 seed will be fine....could end up playing a true road game. 

59 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So with #1 getting to choose where they go....Fiesta or Peach (Atlanta) it will be very, very interesting. If your LSU and you get #1 but you might face #4 Georgia...wouldn't you head to Fiesta? Same could be said for Ohio St. Would you play #4 in Atlanta or just head West. Interesting wrinkle is all I thought. People say #1 seed will be fine....could end up playing a true road game. 

I feel like UGA loses to LSU in the SEC Championship game... UGA is out(unless it's crazy close). 

To answer your question.. no I would not play UGA in ATL for the 2nd time in 4 a week span. 

12 hours ago, btownqb said:

Who should they be ranked over? They literally squeaked by VT.. I was there. They're not impressive. 

You will get a kick out of this...I read an article yesterday that said the odds were that if Notre Dame went 10-2 that they would get left out of a New Year's Six bowl.  The irony is that with current projections that either Virginia or Va Tech would play in the Orange Bowl.

41 minutes ago, rico said:

You will get a kick out of this...I read an article yesterday that said the odds were that if Notre Dame went 10-2 that they would get left out of a New Year's Six bowl.  The irony is that with current projections that either Virginia or Va Tech would play in the Orange Bowl.

🤦‍♂️ 

Archived