Loyola-Chicago and their.....

rico

3 hours ago, rico said:

Very similar to the struggles Illinois St had a few years ago. No one would schedule them..and they get left out of tourney for not tough enough schedule.

I know Illinois or Northwestern would probably never agree to it for a few reasons (namely if they lose it's a bad look and if they win they should have)....but I always thought the folks in Chicago should somehow get Depaul, Illinois St, Loyola...or even Southern Illinois or Bradley. Get those teams together and play in Chicago for a weekend in December. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Very similar to the struggles Illinois St had a few years ago. No one would schedule them..and they get left out of tourney for not tough enough schedule.

I know Illinois or Northwestern would probably never agree to it for a few reasons (namely if they lose it's a bad look and if they win they should have)....but I always thought the folks in Chicago should somehow get Depaul, Illinois St, Loyola...or even Southern Illinois or Bradley. Get those teams together and play in Chicago for a weekend in December. 

"Windy City Classic"...........I like it

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly that is a GREAT idea. 

When something like this comes up I always think back to 01-02 season and Butler and Ball St.  

Butler finish the regular season that year 25-5 with wins over Purdue(away), Ball St.(away and the Cards were ranked), and yes IU at Conseco.  Won the regular season in their conference but fell in the CT.......No invite to the NCAAT

Ball St. started out the year by defeating Kansas and UCLA(both ranked in the Top Ten) before falling to #1 Duke in Hawaii.  They lost to Butler, IU, and a highly ranked Okie St. team.  Won the Mac regular season only to fall in the CT.......No invite to the NCAAT.

What else could those schools do?

1 hour ago, rico said:

When something like this comes up I always think back to 01-02 season and Butler and Ball St.  

Butler finish the regular season that year 25-5 with wins over Purdue(away), Ball St.(away and the Cards were ranked), and yes IU at Conseco.  Won the regular season in their conference but fell in the CT.......No invite to the NCAAT

Ball St. started out the year by defeating Kansas and UCLA(both ranked in the Top Ten) before falling to #1 Duke in Hawaii.  They lost to Butler, IU, and a highly ranked Okie St. team.  Won the Mac regular season only to fall in the CT.......No invite to the NCAAT.

What else could those schools do?

I’m not sure if there’s really an answer. I don’t think the big schools owe them anything. It kind of just “is what it is” and they are who they are. You want the major conference perks then find a way to move up to a major conference. 

I’m not saying it’s necessarily fair, but I’m not sure anything really needs to be done about it either. 

44 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I’m not sure if there’s really an answer. I don’t think the big schools owe them anything. It kind of just “is what it is” and they are who they are. You want the major conference perks then find a way to move up to a major conference. 

I’m not saying it’s necessarily fair, but I’m not sure anything really needs to be done about it either. 

Gonzaga came up with the answer.  

50 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

It might be a good thing for Loyal of Chicago (Thler non-conference schedule ) I  believe theyhad a BIG Roster TURNOVER ?

P.S. I just rechecked the Rambler roster for 2018-2019 and they list 14 total players and NINE of those are either Freshmen or Sophomores or 64.3 % of thier roster this season is UNDERCLASSMEN !!

So what your saying is they can still beat Purdue?

12 hours ago, MrsStoller said:

Honestly that is a GREAT idea. 

To me it's a no brainer....but what makes sense to the outside world sometimes never gets done in my hometown. Lot of the people in Chicago start most conversations why something can't get done....as opposed to the obvious which is this would be a great event for the schools. 

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

To me it's a no brainer....but what makes sense to the outside world sometimes never gets done in my hometown. Lot of the people in Chicago start most conversations why something can't get done....as opposed to the obvious which is this would be a great event for the schools. 

I think you should start an online petition. I’ll be your first signer. Name it the Windy City Class as suggested above - Loyola, DePaul, Northwestern, Illinois, Northern Illinois, SIU, Illinois St., Bradley. Make it a total weekend package.  Rename some downtown streets and get some restaurant deals and home bases. Can we make a word out of the beginning letters of those schools? (L, D, N, I, NI, SI, IS, B - Bindlins? Lol)

Your idea needs to get legs because it’s a solid one.

*side note: when typing the above sentence, it autocorrected to “kegs” instead of “legs”. You’ll need kegs there, too! Good reminder! 😂😂

54 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

I think you should start an online petition. I’ll be your first signer. Name it the Windy City Class as suggested above - Loyola, DePaul, Northwestern, Illinois, Northern Illinois, SIU, Illinois St., Bradley. Make it a total weekend package.  Rename some downtown streets and get some restaurant deals and home bases. Can we make a word out of the beginning letters of those schools? (L, D, N, I, NI, SI, IS, B - Bindlins? Lol)

Your idea needs to get legs because it’s a solid one.

*side note: when typing the above sentence, it autocorrected to “kegs” instead of “legs”. You’ll need kegs there, too! Good reminder! 😂😂

I sent an email to several of the AD's about 15 years ago. I don't even care about any of the participants. There are others that post on here regularly that have far more juice in Chicago than I. One of our favorite posters I know does for sure. 

Archived