Podcast with Coach Miller

34 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Correct I would not put green in the conversation of top point guards in the nation but totally agree with you that as he goes, so goes the Hoosiers.   

I think he is as talented as most, if not all, pgs.  I will couch this by saying that I have not watched, nor am I familiar with, all the current college pgs, however there were times last year where I saw flashes of tremendous court vision, good shooting, good ball-handling etc.  In my mind he is an extremely talented player with good bloodlines.  Is he among the best pgs? Not based on last year; however if he gets his mental game to the level of his physical game, I think he would be.  I certainly am not one to "drink the Kool-aid" as this infers that I blindly follow something that I hope to be true just 'cuz it feels good.  I am not predicting a Big Ten Championship, or that Green will be All-American.  Just saying that he has the talent to be the key to our season.   

40 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I think he is as talented as most, if not all, pgs.  I will couch this by saying that I have not watched, nor am I familiar with, all the current college pgs, however there were times last year where I saw flashes of tremendous court vision, good shooting, good ball-handling etc.  In my mind he is an extremely talented player with good bloodlines.  Is he among the best pgs? Not based on last year; however if he gets his mental game to the level of his physical game, I think he would be.  I certainly am not one to "drink the Kool-aid" as this infers that I blindly follow something that I hope to be true just 'cuz it feels good.  I am not predicting a Big Ten Championship, or that Green will be All-American.  Just saying that he has the talent to be the key to our season.   

I meant nothing personal, just fun, like our time spent on this board.  I'll say this.  If DG plays as the 3rd or 4th most valuable point guard in our league, we will be very happy.  Not 3rd or 4th best point guard but one that does what he's needed to do at a high level with more consistency.  

Archived