The way too early Challenge talk thread.

milehiiu

Indiana at the dookies [again] it seems that the organizers [ of this event] do not see the importance of mixing up the conference matchups every year instead of the same old matchups all of the time ! My personal opinion is that a team should play all of the other conference's teams before playing the same team over and over !! FWIW ???

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I would rather play Duke and get an L than play Pittsburgh and get a W.

Exactly. If for some crazy reason you pull out a major upset in Cameron wow just wow. Especially for the couple of guys that might still be availabe in the Spring. I strong showing will do wonders. I feel rhis need does not need every win to make the tourney. I good loss is better than a bad win bug picture. Did i really just say that?

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

To keep the recruiting role going forward i think we have to play,compete and wins eome agaisnt the Dukes, NC,KU and UK. if we want to be taken seriously outside of this state and for what its worth inside this state 

Well we are talking the ACC here.  I am tired of playing UNC and Duke.  Want somebody new.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know but i give just about anything of non real importance to beat those 2 schools.  I will be worried when we start getting matched up with bottim tier ACC teams. Not that Clemson is...

I know what you are saying.  But they know on a competitive level who should be good the following year......so to me the match-ups should reflect that.  I am sure UNC and Duke have had their fill of playing us.  Clemson and UVA would have been good opponents for us this year.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I know what you are saying.  But they know on a competitive level who should be good the following year......so to me the match-ups should reflect that.  I am sure UNC and Duke have had their fill of playing us.  Clemson and UVA would have been good opponents for us this year.

Virginia would have been a good match up.  I like watching UVA and Clemson and both are very well coached. If we win against those 2 that's great if we lose i qm not terrible. If we beat Duke or NC i am on cloud 9. Lose and i hate life for a while.  I enjoy living in extremes.  Lol

23 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Even if we play a good game, the officials aren’t going to allow us to win a game in Cameron.  Might as well not get your hopes up.  Juwan will get 2 fouls during pre-game warm-ups.

So we just tell the guys to stay in Bloomington then. I used to go into The House that Bailey Built at BNL and we were down 15 before the bus came to a stop but somehow over the years we got a few wins.

33 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Even if we play a good game, the officials aren’t going to allow us to win a game in Cameron.  Might as well not get your hopes up.  Juwan will get 2 fouls during pre-game warm-ups.

Well my hope is that Duke doesn't gel by the time we play them.  To be honest I hope they don't gel at all for the entire year.

49 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

So we just tell the guys to stay in Bloomington then. I used to go into The House that Bailey Built at BNL and we were down 15 before the bus came to a stop but somehow over the years we got a few wins.

Of course not, I’m just talking about the expectations I have as a fan.  I’m sick of playing scumbag K in the challenge, and already pissed off about how we’re going to get screwed in this game (and I’m usually not even a “blame the refs” kind of guy).  Was hoping we were going to get Virginia this season — watching Archie’s pack line D go up against Bennett’s would have been interesting.

14 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Of course not, I’m just talking about the expectations I have as a fan.  I’m sick of playing scumbag K in the challenge, and already pissed off about how we’re going to get screwed in this game (and I’m usually not even a “blame the refs” kind of guy).  Was hoping we were going to get Virginia this season — watching Archie’s pack line D go up against Bennett’s would have been interesting.

I know i just messing. I would lije UVA as well

To me, this challenge is about exposure and the potential to get a good non-conference win. I'm not saying it has to be Duke or UNC every year, but whoever the opponent is I want IU to consistently be in one of the marquee games of the challenge, playing an opponent that along with IU moves the needle nationally. Some combination of Duke, UNC, Louisville, Syracuse, he current version of UVA, etc.

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

To me, this challenge is about exposure and the potential to get a good non-conference win. I'm not saying it has to be Duke or UNC every year, but whoever the opponent is I want IU to consistently be in one of the marquee games of the challenge, playing an opponent that along with IU moves the needle nationally. Some combination of Duke, UNC, Louisville, Syracuse, he current version of UVA, etc.

To me it appears this "challenge" is just trying to match the blue bloods on a regular basis.  At least that is how I look at it.  UVA, Va Tech, and Clemson would have been worthy opponents for us this year.  

9 minutes ago, rico said:

To me it appears this "challenge" is just trying to match the blue bloods on a regular basis.  At least that is how I look at it.  UVA, Va Tech, and Clemson would have been worthy opponents for us this year.  

Is Buzz still at VA tech. That is 1 good dude!! I have an amazing story about him i wish i could share

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Is Buzz still at Va tech. That is 1 good dude!! I have an amazing story about him i wish i could share 

Archived