Which Indiana HS has......

rico

.....has produced the most IU recruits/players?

Something I have been thinking about since somebody said something about Valpo and NWI in the Newman recruiting thread.  I haven't done much research on it but it is a curious question.  One which I don't have the answer to.  In my mind I keep thinking Anderson Madison Heights.  To me they have 3.....Bobby Wilkerson, Ray Tolbert, Stew Robinson and possibly a 4th with Winston Morgan(not sure which Anderson school he attended).  Interesting topic.....let's see what we can come up with.

Though it has not been updated for 5 years.... the Indy Star Data base, gives an insight as to where every IU player came from, up till that time.  Takes time to sort through it. However, I have found it fun to sort through it. Always fun to check into where some of your favorite players played before IU.  I will admit it is lacking in some cases.... like with Dan Dakich who played for Andrean.

Indiana University Basketball Database2

2 hours ago, rico said:

.....has produced the most IU recruits/players?

Something I have been thinking about since somebody said something about Valpo and NWI in the Newman recruiting thread.  I haven't done much research on it but it is a curious question.  One which I don't have the answer to.  In my mind I keep thinking Anderson Madison Heights.  To me they have 3.....Bobby Wilkerson, Ray Tolbert, Stew Robinson and possibly a 4th with Winston Morgan(not sure which Anderson school he attended).  Interesting topic.....let's see what we can come up with.

Winston did go to Madison Heights, he was coached by Phil Buck, who was also a Hoosier basketball player.

It's an interesting question you pose, that I don't know the answer to.

New Castle had at least 3 : Steve Alford , Kent Benson , and Ray Pavy !!Unfortunatley , Pavy was paralyzed during the summer [ in an auto accident ] before he would have Joined Jimmy Rayl as a Freshman !! Rayl and Pavy had some high scoring matches versus each other's schools ( Rayl- Kokomo and Pavy -New Castle !!! I believe IU would have won at least one more NCAA Championship with that high scoring duo playing together !!

12 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Though it has not been updated for 5 years.... the Indy Star Data base, gives an insight as to where every IU player came from, up till that time.  Takes time to sort through it. However, I have found it fun to sort through it. Always fun to check into where some of your favorite players played before IU.  I will admit it is lacking in some cases.... like with Dan Dakich who played for Andrean.

Indiana University Basketball Database2

That just it.  It just gives where they are from but not the HS they attended.  Now it works if a town/city only had one HS.  I clicked on John Flowers......Fort Wayne.  Which HS out of the ten that are there? (South is the answer).

7 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

New Castle had at least 3 : Steve Alford , Kent Benson , and Ray Pavy !!Unfortunatley , Pavy was paralyzed during the summer [ in an auto accident ] before he would have Joined Jimmy Rayl as a Freshman !! Rayl and Pavy had some high scoring matches versus each other's schools ( Rayl- Kokomo and Pavy -New Castle !!! I believe IU would have won at least one more NCAA Championship with that high scoring duo playing together !!

I came up with 10 from New Castle.

1 hour ago, rico said:

That just it.  It just gives where they are from but not the HS they attended.  Now it works if a town/city only had one HS.  I clicked on John Flowers......Fort Wayne.  Which HS out of the ten that are there? (South is the answer).

The beauty of this thing called the World Wide Web, is that one can google a name, and the city they are from, and find out which high school they attended.  Which is what I did with John Flowers, who attended Fort Wayne South High School.

Several others listed here :

Basketball: McDonald's All Americans from Indiana

On 9/13/2018 at 7:51 PM, greg haggard said:

Winston did go to Madison Heights, he was coached by Phil Buck, who was also a Hoosier basketball player.

It's an interesting question you pose, that I don't know the answer to.

Graduated from Madison Heights in 1981. It was a slap in our face to put “Anderson” in front of it. Wlikerson, Tolbert, Morgan and Robinson all hailed from MHHS. I was privileged to see all of these and many other good players come through the school. 

Also, the head buc, Coach Phil Buck, passed away this summer. He was a great man

Archived