Ball State Game Thread

Forgot to post earlier. I was critical of Ramsey being announced as the starter. Critical because of his throwing. The 2 throws he made to Timian at under 2 minute mark in first half is all I needed to see to know how much he's improved. Perfect touch on one into an area covered by 4 Ball St guys...and the other a bullet. Really, really happy with his development. Time will tell if Penix plays more than 4 games (if not we can redshirt) but Ramsey looks like he's going to be the guy for awhile. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really nice game today.  Ramsey was good, but I still worry about him once we play better defenses who make him throw it down the field more.  He made a couple nice throws outside the pocket, but most of his completions were really short.  Looked better than Penix looked today, but it seemed like we were pretty conservative when Penix came in.

Defense played great after the first drive of the game.  I've been really happy with how our defense has played, but I want to see some more turnovers.  Roof had a chance for a huge pick with nobody in front of him and dropped it.  Only 1 turnover the last two games, so hopefully that improves.

Offense looked good.  Stevie Scott is a stud.  He's close to 400 yards through 3 games.  I was impressed by the little bit we saw of Ronnie Walker.  You could tell he has athleticism and made some nice moves.  I think he'll be really good eventually too.

I'm guessing there are a handful of plays for Reese Taylor at QB, but I think we're waiting for the right time.  He could be dynamic against a defense not prepared for him, and I think we'll see a package for him at some point.

So happy for Harris.  Great to see him back and successful after 3 ACL surgeries.  Special teams played by far their best game of the year.

One thing I've been really happy with is how well we've kept people fresh on defense.  Should help keep guys on the field later in the year as people start to wear out.  I think we've been able to keep most people pretty healthy and fresh through the first 3 games.

Going along with that, it seems like we've had very few injuries.  Watching the Purdue/Missouri game, it seems like every couple plays somebody is limping off the field.  We've had very little of that this year.  That was an emphasis of the new strength and conditioning staff along with more speed, so hopefully that trend continues.

Archived