2018 Midterm Elections

Brass Cannon

Really it's $5400 because you can give in both the primary and the general but that is semantics on this question.

PAC's (where all Labor contributions come from, with its bank balance derived from VOLUNTARY contributions made by its members) are limited at $5k to federal candidates: https://transition.fec.gov/pages/brochures/contriblimitschart.htm

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Really it's $5400 because you can give in both the primary and the general but that is semantics on this question.

PAC's (where all Labor contributions come from, with its bank balance derived from VOLUNTARY contributions made by its members) are limited at $5k to federal candidates: https://transition.fec.gov/pages/brochures/contriblimitschart.htm

I’m fine with that. I guess I was over simplifying. Super PACs are the problem. Unlimited donations. Which results in ad buys and door knocking programs. 

I think Rosen may have just won Nevada today. State clearly has no problem voting for a democrat woman. And that Hiccup line is gonna hurt. 

Plus as unpopular as Kavanaugh is it’s gonna help her in that race when he votes yes. 

The republicans really should cut him loose and vote somebody else in during the lame duck period. Gonna hurt them now in Nevada and possibly Texas and women are not gonna forget this in 2020. 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think Rosen may have just won Nevada today. State clearly has no problem voting for a democrat woman. And that Hiccup line is gonna hurt. 

Plus as unpopular as Kavanaugh is it’s gonna help her in that race when he votes yes. 

The republicans really should cut him loose and vote somebody else in during the lame duck period. Gonna hurt them now in Nevada and possibly Texas and women are not gonna forget this in 2020. 

Its amazing what an allegation that has had no evidence whatsoever presented can do to a mans reputation.

What happened to presumption of innocence?

15 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Its amazing what an allegation that has had no evidence whatsoever presented can do to a mans reputation.

What happened to presumption of innocence?

Nobody is saying he’s guilty. But the refusal of powerful people to do the simplest of investigations. Combined with your friend who says you are innocent but won’t say it under oath definitely gives reason for pause. 

Shes an American citizen who has made allegations of a crime. She deserves to have those claims investigated. Just as any other citizen would. There’s no statute of limitations on felony sexual assault in Maryland btw. 

12 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

He... is up for a lifetime nomination to the highest court in the land?

A bit of pause seems warranted.

That is fine. And the senate judiciary committee is going to lengths to accommodate this woman. She agree to testify in committee then back out. Now they can't even make contact with her.  I only ask how much time is enough on a 36 year old accusation?

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

That is fine. And the senate judiciary committee is going to lengths to accommodate this woman. She agree to testify in committee then back out. Now they can't even make contact with her.  I only ask how much time is enough on a 36 year old accusation?

For a sham investigation that only has her and the accused. Literally guaranteeing that it will be a he said she said. She probably needs some time to process that load of bs. 

A real investigation is going to talk to her therapist, her friend her husband the other person she had placed in the room.  Compare details and look for inconsistencies. 

The bs sham they are planning is nothing but an insult to justice

and for the record picking a single day and telling her that’s her one chance is hardly going to great lengths. 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Nobody is saying he’s guilty. But the refusal of powerful people to do the simplest of investigations. Combined with your friend who says you are innocent but won’t say it under oath definitely gives reason for pause. 

Shes an American citizen who has made allegations of a crime. She deserves to have those claims investigated. Just as any other citizen would. There’s no statute of limitations on felony sexual assault in Maryland btw. 

But people are saying he's guilty including democrat senators on the committee.

They are trying to investigate, she is being uncooperative.

And the accused has the right to face the accuser too.

There have been several FBI investigations into kavanagh already, for previous appointments and this one.

Then by all means Maryland should open an investigation.   he isnt being accused of a federal crime.

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

But people are saying he's guilty including democrat senators on the committee.

They are trying to investigate, she is being uncooperative.

And the accused has the right to face the accuser too.

There have been several FBI investigations into kavanagh already, for previous appointments and this one.

Then by all means Maryland should open an investigation.   he isnt being accused of a federal crime.

Who is saying he is guilty?

No they are doing a sham investigation quite different as already stated. 

Doesnt have to be by herself 

well one more shouldn’t hurt then. 

The FBI handles investigations for White House appointees

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

For a sham investigation that only has her and the accused. Literally guaranteeing that it will be a he said she said. She probably needs some time to process that load of bs. 

A real investigation is going to talk to her therapist, her friend her husband the other person she had placed in the room.  Compare details and look for inconsistencies. 

The bs sham they are planning is nothing but an insult to justice

and for the record picking a single day and telling her that’s her one chance is hardly going to great lengths. 

Feinstein sat on this since July.  Wont present the unredacted letter she has to committee.   The timing of this is suspicious.

Why do democrats lose their minds over this with republicans but ignore the domestic abusers in their party? 

10 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Feinstein sat on this since July.  Wont present the unredacted letter she has to committee.   The timing of this is suspicious.

Why do democrats lose their minds over this with republicans but ignore the domestic abusers in their party? 

Moving those goal posts. 

BTW not a Democrat. Kind of scary that Republicans think that being Anti Rape is a Democrat trait

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Who is saying he is guilty?

No they are doing a sham investigation quite different as already stated. 

Doesnt have to be by herself 

well one more shouldn’t hurt then. 

The FBI handles investigations for White House appointees

Well plenty of talking heads from news networks, celebrities.  You know people who influence the masses.

Kamala harris said she believes her because she has nothing to gain.

Some senator named hirono blaming all men for letting things like this happen.

They may not have said guilty but the rhetoric tells you they made up the mind.

How is it a sham? They dropped this accusation at the 11th hour.  How could the first reaction not be thinking they are obstructing?

I they ditch kavanagh and appoint another male nominee I see this happening again. If not I will eat my shoe. Heck it happened to Clarence Thomas years ago. So its nothing new.

22 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Moving those goal posts. 

BTW not a Democrat. Kind of scary that Republicans think that being Anti Rape is a Democrat trait

I would think most people of any affilocation would be anti rape.

What the dems did is weaponize the #metoo movement which will create the boy that cried wolf scenarios.  And real victims will have an even harder time.

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

In the right direction.

Lol not even close deflecting from the simple question of why they don’t do a legit investigation. 

Lol must be a simple life to let Fox News tell you what to believe in life. 

This woman deserves a fair hearing. Not including other witnesses is the exact opposite of a fair hearing. And is just further indicative why not women are abandoning the party. Less than 1/3 of Americans want this guy to become a justice and republicans are going to force him thru just so he can protect Trump. 

Its amazing how all these republicans are such saintly figures but won’t say things under oath

Just now, mrflynn03 said:

I would think most people of any affilocation would be anti rape.

What the dems did is weaponize the #metoo movement which will create the boy that cried wolf scenarios.  And real victims will have an even harder time.

You clearly aren’t anti rape since you are pro sham investigations that just further attempt to victimize the potential victims. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol not even close deflecting from the simple question of why they don’t do a legit investigation. 

Lol must be a simple life to let Fox News tell you what to believe in life. 

This woman deserves a fair hearing. Not including other witnesses is the exact opposite of a fair hearing. And is just further indicative why not women are abandoning the party. Less than 1/3 of Americans want this guy to become a justice and republicans are going to force him thru just so he can protect Trump. 

Its amazing how all these republicans are such saintly figures but won’t say things under oath

I dont watch news.  Its a terrible waste of my time sitting in a vegetative state while some clown on tv spits words at me.

I read about the stories that interest me during my free time at work.

I dont consider myself a republican its just the choice im left with most of the time.

If it was up to me I would dump kavanagh and nominate a woman, non-white if there is one and let the dems chew on that one.

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I dont watch news.  Its a terrible waste of my time sitting in a vegetative state while some clown on tv spits words at me.

I read about the stories that interest me during my free time at work.

I dont consider myself a republican its just the choice im left with most of the time.

If it was up to me I would dump kavanagh and nominate a woman, non-white if there is one and let the dems chew on that one.

Agreed on the course of action.  Still very concerned you don’t think this woman deserves a fair investigation.

But I think you would be hard pressed to find a qualified non white woman judge as they are wanting. The GOP has scared those groups away. They are the party of white men. 

But if they dump him now they still have time to force somebody thru regardless if that’s who the American people want. 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Agreed on the course of action.  Still very concerned you don’t think this woman deserves a fair investigation.

But I think you would be hard pressed to find a qualified non white woman judge as they are wanting. The GOP has scared those groups away. They are the party of white men. 

But if they dump him now they still have time to force somebody thru regardless if that’s who the American people want. 

For clarity she does deserve a fair investigation.  I just think the timing of this was terrible and has turn this whole thing into a circus. Just bad optics.

Ideally the committee should discontinue. I would not expect kavanaugh to step away as that would be seen as an admission of guilt.

Then there would be ample time to do a proper investigation instead of rushing through it.

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

For clarity she does deserve a fair investigation.  I just think the timing of this was terrible and has turn this whole thing into a circus. Just bad optics.

Ideally the committee should discontinue. I would not expect kavanaugh to step away as that would be seen as an admission of guilt.

Then there would be ample time to do a proper investigation instead of rushing through it.

She didn’t time it. She sent the letter months ago. Without knowing why the letter was released I wonder if they were hoping stop the nomination without using it

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

She didn’t time it. She sent the letter months ago. Without knowing why the letter was released I wonder if they were hoping stop the nomination without using it

She didnt but Feinstein did. This could have come earlier. They should have known they wouldnt be able to stop it. 

Archived