2018 Midterm Elections

Brass Cannon

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wasn’t talking to you. Unless your an alt account of the other poster. I was referencing specific things they posted. 

Abd yes the border policy is broke. That doesn’t excuse torturing and In at least one case killing a child. 

Very fair.

Hopefully, whatever the outcome, we can agree on many points. 

-Such allegations do need to be taken seriously and thus investigated.

-The investigation doesn't seem to be going in the accuser's favor.  As the claims she made were not corroborated by those she put at the scene.  Something is off there. (I use accuser here because there seems to be no evidence at this time to call her a victim).

-A second possible victim seems to have been identified.  Two coming forward would indicate there is smoke.  Where there is smoke there is usually fire.  The only thing remaining is to determine where that fire is.  Is it the democrats playing delay tactics in hopes of gaining more seats to push this selection past mid term elections or is it on Kavanaugh. 

-Either way, the timing for both parties is suspect.  The timing of this push to get Kavanaugh through and the push to have it stalled.

The whole thing kind of stinks.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Very fair.

Hopefully, whatever the outcome, we can agree on many points. 

-Such allegations do need to be taken seriously and thus investigated.

-The investigation doesn't seem to be going in the accuser's favor.  As the claims she made were not corroborated by those she put at the scene.  Something is off there. (I use accuser here because there seems to be no evidence at this time to call her a victim).

-A second possible victim seems to have been identified.  Two coming forward would indicate there is smoke.  Where there is smoke there is usually fire.  The only thing remaining is to determine where that fire is.  Is it the democrats playing delay tactics in hopes of gaining more seats to push this selection past mid term elections or is it on Kavanaugh. 

-Either way, the timing for both parties is suspect.  The timing of this push to get Kavanaugh through and the push to have it stalled.

The whole thing kind of stinks.

Hadn’t heard about the second possible victim. And I agree there doesn’t seem to be much going for it. But until they make the other person in the room make some sworn statement I don’t think you can call it a fair investigation. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Hadn’t heard about the second possible victim. And I agree there doesn’t seem to be much going for it. But until they make the other person in the room make some sworn statement I don’t think you can call it a fair investigation. 

Here's the thing: we arent talking about throwing him in jail, we are talking about throwing him on the Supreme Court for the rest of his life. He needs to prove he is fit for it just the same as anyone else needs to prove they deserve a job they are applying for.

There are other good candidates that don't have this baggage; i am guessing most business owners would go with a different candidate. 

29 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wasn’t talking to you. Unless your an alt account of the other poster. I was referencing specific things they posted. 

Abd yes the border policy is broke. That doesn’t excuse torturing and In at least one case killing a child. 

If you are referring to me, I haven't said anything remotely racist.  If you think that then you fabricated it in your mind.

If it wasn't clear I was just pointing out it is unfair to blame one administration when the previous administration was following the same policies but you didnt hear anything about it then.

Neither tried to change those policies.

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Here's the thing: we arent talking about throwing him in jail, we are talking about throwing him on the Supreme Court for the rest of his life. He needs to prove he is fit for it just the same as anyone else needs to prove they deserve a job they are applying for.

There are other good candidates that don't have this baggage; i am guessing most business owners would go with a different candidate. 

Thing is Trump wants him for one reason  and it’s not his conservative stance 

37 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If you are referring to me, I haven't said anything remotely racist.  If you think that then you fabricated it in your mind.

If it wasn't clear I was just pointing out it is unfair to blame one administration when the previous administration was following the same policies but you didnt hear anything about it then.

Neither tried to change those policies.

I would have quoted you if I was talking about you. 

Trump proudly issued an order to change the policy. So you can’t say he didn’t change it. 

The children detained under Obama were unaccompanied minors. That is very different than taking kids from their parents as a way to deter people from asking for asylum. Then deporting them without their children. That’s kidnapping btw

Just saw about the second woman. Waiting for the walking corpses on the judiciary committee to say she must be confused. Or she should have been flattered or some nonsense like that 

Guess Stormy Daniels lawyer is claiming to have more evidence as well. 

As I said weeks ago it’s time to cut losses on this guy. But Trump won’t. He needs the protection from Mueller 

So there's more allegations coming forth about Kavanaugh and the republicans still want to push this through? Apparently senate republicans were aware of these new allegations last week... My general rule of thumb is this...the more righteous/religious the person is the more sketched out I am. 

Avenatti is going to have a field day with this one. Apparently he has ANOTHER client. God I hope he runs for president (he will). 

7 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

So there's more allegations coming forth about Kavanaugh and the republicans still want to push this through? Apparently senate republicans were aware of these new allegations last week... My general rule of thumb is this...the more righteous/religious the person is the more sketched out I am. 

Avenatti is going to have a field day with this one. Apparently he has ANOTHER client. God I hope he runs for president (he will). 

So 3 women as well as allegations potential clerks were being directed to be outgoing in appearance and demeanor. 

Man this is a complex issue. If only we had some bureau of investigators who could operate on a federal level. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

So 3 women as well as allegations potential clerks were being directed to be outgoing in appearance and demeanor. 

Man this is a complex issue. If only we had some bureau of investigators who could operate on a federal level. 

It's only complex in the criminal sense; in the is this man fit for the Supreme Court it is really simple. He is not. 

But that didn't matter with Clarence Thomas. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Trump is about to fire Rosenstein the first step in stopping the Meuller probe. 

All less than 24 hours after it looks like he might not have protection on the Supreme Court. 

Yep definitely ethical. And definitely the actions of an innocent man. 

If he fires Mueller then we’re going to have complete chaos. 

https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller-firing-rapid-response-events/search/

RSVP your area.

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I think it will end very poorly for him if he fires Mueller. 

He’s a crook, con artist, pathological lying piece of ****. I think this experiment will be  good for the country long term believe it or not. We’re going to find out in November if the people still want to make a deal with the devil for the sake of a few thousand on their 501ks. I think we’ll begin righting this wrong but everyone must vote! Try to sign up at least two people who you think wouldn’t vote and make sure they’re registered by Oct 9th.

6 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Rush Limbaugh said on his show today that he predicted last week the Dems would come with another woman. Looks like he was right.

Whatever happened to the "Innocent until Guilty" concept?? I guess this doesn't apply when it's the Dems lobbing the bombs......

Absolutely innocent before guilty but in no way can you comfirm this man without the process playing out. We agree here, yes?

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Rush Limbaugh said on his show today that he predicted last week the Dems would come with another woman. Looks like he was right.

Whatever happened to the "Innocent until Guilty" concept?? I guess this doesn't apply when it's the Dems lobbing the bombs......

He probably said that because the Republicans knew about the second woman last week. 

And this isn't a court of law. No one needs to prove Kavanaugh is guilty, he needs to prove he is fit for the Supreme Court. 

If someone was dating your daughter and had been accused in the past of sexual abuse, where would you put the burden of proof? 

29 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He probably said that because the Republicans knew about the second woman last week. 

And this isn't a court of law. No one needs to prove Kavanaugh is guilty, he needs to prove he is fit for the Supreme Court. 

If someone was dating your daughter and had been accused in the past of sexual abuse, where would you put the burden of proof? 

There are witnesses involved that claim otherwise. So I turn your question around to you.....

We all know this is a simple ploy to derail the confirmation.....

4 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

There are witnesses involved that claim otherwise. So I turn your question around to you.....

Then let's put those witnesses under oath. 

The Democrats want a full and fair investigation into Kavanaugh and want all of his documents released. If that is holding up the process perhaps we should be mad the Republicans rushed the process. I don't think the party who refused to hold confirmation hearings for nearly a year gets to bitch about wanting all the facts about a confirmation process now. 

On 9/22/2018 at 8:11 AM, Reacher said:

Attorney for Blasey Ford -

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Her attorney is on video from a year ago saying "We will resist". This is as partisan as can be. Again, where is all this selective outrage over Franken, Booker, Ellison? They have all done the same or worse than what Kavanaugh has been accused of yet nary a peep. Its ok to be in congress and even be a Presidential hopeful just not a potential Justice when these allegations (actual / admitted groping/ abuse for Booker, Franken, Ellison) come about? Feinstein sat on this for months. She was more concerned with politics than getting at the truth.

Lets see what happens Thursday. Only then will I decide if their might be some guilt. Until then, presumed innocent- the law of the land.

Archived